Anything about sewing machines and the tools we use.
By Drewinak
Hi,

I have the opportunity to buy this machine. I am new to sewing and this will be my first machine. I was to start sewing cordura and leather.

As far as I know this is a clone of the Consew 206rb-5.

The machine I have a chance to buy is a Necchi 100NI. I cannot find a single lick of information of the Necchi 100NI no matter how much I search online. I am hoping someone out there can shed some light. I know I can get it for $1000 usd, but I think I can talk them down to about $800. Is this a good deal? Also, keep in mind I like in Alaska so there isn’t a ton of industrial machines that pop up for sale used and a new one costs $300 in shipping to get shipped to me. Thanks!

I couldn’t get the pictures loaded at the moment but I’ll try and link the Craigslist ad. They also have it posted at a lower price on Facebook, they just haven’t updated the price there. But in my conversation they said they would take $1000 (but I think I can offer $800 as it’s been posted for several weeks).

https://anchorage.craigslist.org/app...201886998.html
By Kuph
RUN!!!!! Run as fast as you can from that. Seriously though I’ve never heard of that machine and there are so many deal online. For 800 you can have almost any like new name brand machine. Consew, Singer, juki, pfaff. Don’t even consider paying that much. Add a pic of the sellers post but that’s my useless 2cents. Pay the shipping for a juki 562/3 .singer 211, pfaff145/545/1245, etccc. Worst case you could re sell one of those for what you paid. There’s a like new consew 206rb-5 for sale in my area for 750 and a juki 563 with a servo motor for 800 here in the lower 48. Get something you really want and something that will resell easily when you are ready to upgrade. The same concerns you are having the next potential buyer will also have.
Adam12, John liked this
By Adam12
I'll have to echo @Kuph's advice, if you are having that much trouble finding info on it, you'll be pulling your hair out if something jams or breaks. I know shipping costs can make things in AK more expensive, but that seems pretty pircey for what it is. Be patient and wait for a better machine.
John liked this
By Drewinak
Thanks for the reply’s. That was my biggest concern, not being able to find any information. I will definitely be passing on that machine. Nothing else available right now so I’m gonna hold out until something else pops up. Very good advice, I’m gonna look at the models you suggested. I’m hoping I can find something and just pay the shipping.

Know anything about the Sailrite Fabricators? I know I’d be spending a bit more but are they worth it?

Thanks
John liked this
By Adam12
Never used a sailrite but i suspect they are fine machines and i am sure it would serve you well. I'd still personally prefer a used adler or pfaff over a new fabricator but in the used market, you're at the mercy of what is available. If you do choose to buy new, i implore you not to buy on ebay and have it drop shipped. Machines dont necessarily leave the factory ready to sew and almost always need some tweaking. Having it set up at a dealer and then shipped to you (like sailrite does) will save you some grey hairs.
Top stitch question

So my seam is 6 and the top is 8. I used the same […]

Good information. I'm going to check this foam pl[…]

For diamond pattern I just staple the edges about […]

Furniture store

When seeking replacement furniture, consider your […]