Anything about sewing machines and the tools we use.
By John
This is what most I have seen look like. Ive always been happy with them. @BigRig has one too, he likes it.
@SmokinSCustoms I still think something is wrong with your motor.... sorry... :grin:
By Revv Up
@Trimmerman79
Is there a position sensor with that? I’d hold out for one if not, it’s so nice to be able to stop with the needle buried or the needle up every time you stop.

My servo motor and controller are way smaller than the one you show.
John liked this
By SmokinSCustoms
John wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:46 am This is what most I have seen look like. Ive always been happy with them. @BigRig has one too, he likes it.
@SmokinSCustoms I still think something is wrong with your motor.... sorry... :grin:
If only there was a "Lemon Law" with servo motors. I don't think I'm going to get much help from the place I got the machine from. No more than these motors cost after I slug through the remainder of my current job, I'll be looking for a replacement.
By Trimmerman79
Revv Up wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:09 am @Trimmerman79
Is there a position sensor with that? I’d hold out for one if not, it’s so nice to be able to stop with the needle buried or the needle up every time you stop.

My servo motor and controller are way smaller than the one you show.
I’m not sure, I will message them today and ask. I also was looking at the sailrite servo motor, but it’s $200. I was wondering if it’s worth the extra money.
By Revv Up
Here’s my servo motor and position sensor, Chinese made with no name plate visible. I’m sure it was under $200 and has been flawless. I can call the vendor for a name if you want.
LeatherJohnny liked this
By John
The sailrite motor doesn't have needle position. That would defiantly be a nice feature to have. Ive never had it before but sure sounds nice.
By LeatherJohnny
My old motor and the Ho Hsing one came with a needle positioner installed, and I did not want it, as I thought that I would have more control placing the needle where I wanted using my feet. I asked the dealer to remove it, and he adviced me to use a little bit the motor with the positioner because he was sure that I would like it, as most of his customers demanded them.

After using the servomotor with the needle positioner, right now I consider it really useful, as it is very helpful to have the needle down when I stop sewing, and simply giving a little touch to the pedal and advance a single step, leaving the needle down again. It is also very nice to give the pedal a light touch in the opposite side so that the needle goes up and ready to remove the leather or fabric and cut the thread :wink:
John liked this
By Trimmerman79
I was looking at the consew 1000 and 1001 servo motors on eBay. They were priced around $150-$180 I ended up buying this one since it has the needle position synchronizer with it. Hope this one is not junk. It’s an Eagle EA-550 brushless servo motor. What do you guys think about this one?
By Trimmerman79
Revv Up wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:16 pm Here’s my servo motor and position sensor, Chinese made with no name plate visible. I’m sure it was under $200 and has been flawless. I can call the vendor for a name if you want.
Yeah that looks like the consew cms-1001 servo motor which comes with the needle position sensor. The consew cms-1000 motor doesn’t come with a needle position sensor. They are like a $30 difference in price.
By Revv Up
Should be good to go! I don’t think mine has speed adjustment but it’s soooo controllable with your foot it’s not necessary. Mine is set up so if you step on the pedal and release quick you get 1 stitch, great for getting around tricky spots.
John liked this
By John
Looks good to me. I like how the speed adjustment is right there by the power switch. Most servo motors the speed adjustment is on the motor. Let us know how you like it once you get all set up.

@Revv Up That's awesome! Is that a feature of the needle positioner?

I have mixed the bobbin colors a lot and it doesn'[…]

Single Faced Basting Tape

Thanks Ron. I was watching a video from Cechaflo […]

Do you have a picture of the corner? Trying to und[…]

The Padded Cell

nice job! :grin: