Anything about sewing machines and the tools we use.
By BigRig
Smoking \something is wrong with your electrical. I have the EXACT motor on my Consew and it is set at about 660. It has some speed at that setting but I can also slow the stitch down quite a bit with my foot pedal. Is everything operable from the foot pedal up? We are both running Consew and the same motor. My pulley is 75mm on my motor.
By John
Haha yeah the 2000 stitches per min is for factory workers that are sewing the same thing every day and are able to handle that type of speed. But a with a servo motor it should be able to sew slow. That's why I think there might be something wrong with your motor.

Let us know what the company says.
By BigRig
@SmokinSCustoms I wish I could lay down 10,000 stitches per minute. I would pick up the highest end fashion magazine and call them saying. I can sew you a ton of fancy dresses for only $5000.00 a dress!!!
By SmokinSCustoms
BigRig wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 5:50 am Smoking \something is wrong with your electrical. I have the EXACT motor on my Consew and it is set at about 660. It has some speed at that setting but I can also slow the stitch down quite a bit with my foot pedal. Is everything operable from the foot pedal up? We are both running Consew and the same motor. My pulley is 75mm on my motor.
The pedal seems to operate as it should, If you turn the motor up you have a lot more variation with the pedal. With the motor turned down you have a lot less variation. I wonder how much 5mm of pulley size would make a difference? Also this is a Juki 1181N machine, dunno how much difference there is internally between it and your Consew.
By BigRig
John will know by looking at yours. He knows my machine so may be able to make some sense out of this. @Smokin what were you sewing with before this machine?
By John
@SmokinSCustoms Im sorry... Im not sure how else to help ya without being able to see the machine. For sure a smaller puller will slow the machine down. Ive just never heard of someone needing to do that with a servo motor.
By BigRig
@Smokin, if it were me I would be getting a replacement for the motor you bought. Send it back to them and have them test it. The motor runs just like John described and is really not a bad motor at all. If they find your motor faulty then it should be replaced. If not then based on others reviews you can decide what to do.

Is there anybody around your area that has an industrial machine? It might be possible to have them come over and drop the head into your table and see how things run on their machine.
John liked this
By Revv Up
I’d double check the voltage ratings on that fast servo motors nameplate incase you were sent the wrong one. I love my servo motor, made my Juki way more manageable.
John liked this
By SmokinSCustoms
Got ahold of Sunny's finally and they're sending me a 60mm pulley to stick on this motor and see if that resolves some issues. dropping from an 80 to a 60 should make a fair amount of difference if I had to guess. Cheap place to start anyways.
John liked this
By John
@Trimmerman79 I think you will like. Its a good motor. I have one on the fabricator I bought. Its really really easy to control and has plenty of power. I haven't used it long enough to vogue for is longevity though...
By SmokinSCustoms
@John Well got pulleys swapped yesterday. It wasn't the miracle cure I was hoping for. I still have a bunch of "dead pedal" even after adjusting all the linkages from having moved the motor. This little motor flat flies and I'm really curious as to what rpm its actually turning.
By John
I really think there is something wrong with the motor. Ive never heard of anyone having a problem with servo motors being to fast.

I agree it's usually not a problem but on occasion[…]

Single Faced Basting Tape

Thanks Ron. I was watching a video from Cechaflo […]

Do you have a picture of the corner? Trying to und[…]

The Padded Cell

nice job! :grin: