General discussions about our craft and industry.
By Cody
I’m kind of an Instagram follower it’s quick and easy to get new ideas or follow along with builds vs searching the net on forums and such. Wondering if you have an account what is it, do you have upholsterers that you follow worth sharing? I’m codyblacktopcustoms
By Cody
It’s Social media program app thing.
By John
Hey @Cody no I haven't jumped in to the Instagram thing yet. Ive thought about doing it for the lucky needle. Maybe some day.

Some of my favorite trimmers I follow are:
Carlex Designs
Vilner
The Custom Stitching Co.
Michelle_Trillium liked this
By BigRig
@John,

Never been on an Instagram myself. Happy how its going easy to access and all.
By Cody
@John I really like custom stitching co, the other 2 I just looked and followed then. Both seem very cutting edge!
John liked this
By John
Yeah there are some trimmers over in europe that are just amazing. But they have a full team with dedicated designers.
Most trimmers in the US are expected to me the designer, artist, trimmer, fabricator and business owner. Big shoes to fill LOL
The Custom Stitching Co turns out some of the most amazing bike seats Ive ever seen.
By Cody
@John i agree with what you’re saying there. I also get the sense that new trimmers see these designs and look into them. What they find is a lot of cnc pattern sewing machines and they assume this is a must have anymore. For mass production it certainly helps but I hope that it doesn’t become a necessity in the future.
By John
I agree @Cody I really hope all the crazy stitching patterns that have gotten popular last few years is just a fad.
By BigRig
@Cody @John ,

Perhaps all the top stitching will die out when the exposure to thread rubs causes the seat cover to fall apart every couple of years :astonished:
By kl4bidn
I love Instragram! All eye candy and no drama. You can find me at PLAYFURN. Another big shop thing is CNC MDF panels. Cool to look at but....$$$
By Plh
Hi, I have an instagram page which I find is great for connecting with like minded people and potential clients. Facebook, I am finding very difficult to get moving. I am new to all of these social media platforms, but I think they are a necessary evil these days. I checked out The Stitching Company... very nice work. I must try harder. instagram.com/@ph.mototrim.
By Alverto Krieat
I'm surprised that so many people here do not have instagram accounts. It feels like having ig profile is something obligatory now. It has a lot of drawbacks but I have FOMO if I miss at least 1 day online. However, it took me a while to get used to it. I joined it with the exact purpose, not as a usual user. I had to promote my business, so I had to meet other side of ig right away. It's hard to get your first followers and view. So if you're like me, I would highly recommend to ask for a professional help. Companies like https://megafamous.com are always ready to assist you in getting your first likes and followers.
Last edited by Alverto Krieat on Thu Feb 10, 2022 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John liked this
By Ddedman
I have seen way more business response from people in regards to my Instagram account vs Facebook. @Cody I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with the 240z.. (I'm a stalker)

I’m not sure what you are using on the edge […]

Top stitch question

I use a shorter stitch (6mm) when joining panels a[…]

Good information. I'm going to check this foam pl[…]

For diamond pattern I just staple the edges about […]