General discussions about our craft and industry.
By justmealso
I read on the internet to use Weldwood contact cement to glue vinyl and leather. Weldwood in not sold at my local store so can I use any contact cement?
By John Long
The weldwood contact cement you are referring to is Landau Top cement. It is sprayable and very heat resistant. Not only are other contact cements not going to be satisfactory but Weldwood themselves make contact cements that are not intended for auto trim. It is better to mail order it from, Amazon, Ebay, or a supply house like Albright's rather than use a product not intended for your purpose.

John
John liked this
By John
Yeah John is right. You need to have contact cement meant for upholstery. You can buy it online here.
Weldwood Landau Top Contact Adhesive: http://amzn.to/2nwDBO5
its a little expensive but better than using the wrong stuff. You should be able to find it at a local upholstery supplier.
By BigRig
Oh boy better save yourself some $ and get a small can of Weldwood. You will be spending twice the amount redoing the job otherwise.
By Rug Dr.
ZORO.com Graingers online store. I buy it in a 5 gallon pail. Free shipping over 50 or 100 bucks, and it comes in a freight truck. I've been able to sign up for email specials, 15% off, about 130 bucks delivered.
John, MalcolmM liked this

I’m not sure what you are using on the edge […]

Top stitch question

I use a shorter stitch (6mm) when joining panels a[…]

Good information. I'm going to check this foam pl[…]

For diamond pattern I just staple the edges about […]