General discussions about our craft and industry.
By BigRig
@Adam12, I am wondering how the Polywoven vinyl will sew up with the padding and how flexible the material will be for him. The creasing and folding with the poly woven material really ruins the look of a finished job. Another option is Car Bra vinyl if you can find it. @Adam12 can you refresh my memory on what your main gig is stitching?
By Adam12
Very true, sewing it up with padding could lead to a stiff product. It's my instinct to use it on something that will be towed but that's clearly not what was used in the examples from the link and maybe for good reason. My company is called Stadry Enclosure co., our niche is forklift enclosures, we also do a lot of marine canvas and upholstery. Really anything but thats what keeps the lights on.
By Adam12
Thanks @BigRig! And @Brandonws , thinking more about your project, neoprene came to mind. I have heard it can be difficult to work with and pretty expensive but perhaps someone on here with experience using it could weigh in.
By BigRig
I looked at a couple of covers today, one was canvas type fabric and another vinyl. Why not try tonneau cover material?
Adam12 liked this
By John
I would probably go with a good quality canvas material. Most fabric supply stores will have some good options for you.
Top stitch question

make sure to do relief cuts on the curves and corn[…]

are your relief cuts on the stitch side. not on th[…]

Good information. I'm going to check this foam pl[…]

For diamond pattern I just staple the edges about […]