General discussions about our craft and industry.
By bryanmartin
Hey everyone. I have a Consew 206RB-1 that I absolutely love, but I'm having an issue. I'm trying to sew 3/4" binding to a single layer of ballistic nylon, and my machine essentially stops walking during the process. What's going on? Sometimes it starts right away, other times I can get part way along then the material stops feeding and the needle just goes up and down. If I pull really hard I can get it to pull through, but the stitches are all too close together. Stitch length is set right, fed dogs are moving correctly, and it only seems to do this when sewing binding on an edge. Thoughts? I've attached photos. Image
By BigRig
Clearly a tension issue and may related to that fabric itself. Try a strip of vinyl binding and see if it does the same thing also reverse it put vinyl on place of the black webbing and see what happens. Dont mess with the machine just yet.
By Adam12
Question, does it have smooth feet? Nyon is slippy and that is a thin stack of material, had similar issues changing feet on a couple 2206's. Put the serrated double toe feet back on...solved both of them. Also check your feed dog height just for fun. The valleys of the feed dog teeth should be even with the top of the throat plate at it's highest point of travel. Too high can cause backfeeding on the return stroke, too low can cause feed hesitation. I suspect feet though.
John liked this
By BigRig
@Adam12 , has to be a material problem don't you think like that slick nylon. The guy was cruising along well until this that is great advice!
John liked this
By Revv Up
I had a similar problem the other day, figured out I used mismatched feet and the heights were different causing feed problems, put the proper pairs in and problem solved.
John liked this
By bryanmartin
Thanks guys. The black material is very thin nylon, like backpack material. The red binding is just sunbrella binding which isn't very smooth, but I do have smooth feet. I'll try the serrated feet and see if that helps.
By John
Along with everything said in the above comments Ill add these possibles to check if the serrated feet dont fix it.

- Check to make sure your safety clutch is not poped.
- Increase the presser feet pressure and see if that fixes it.

I agree it's usually not a problem but on occasion[…]

Single Faced Basting Tape

Thanks Ron. I was watching a video from Cechaflo […]

Do you have a picture of the corner? Trying to und[…]

The Padded Cell

nice job! :grin: