General discussions about our craft and industry.
By Scotty
Hello Everyone from Kansas. Glad I able to join the group. I’m hoping you all can help me in a big way. You see, my Pops bought a 1965 Chevelle SS when it was about a year old. After about 4 or 5 years he sold it and always talked about that car. Well after about 40 years, a couple weeks ago I was able to find it in a barn and bought it. Long story short I want to put it back to the way Pop had it when sold. Where I need your all help is finding the black vinyl material Pop and his cousin sewed up one weekend of beer drinking. His cousin was an upholsterer for TWA Overhaul Base in Kansas City and Dad was a mechanic there. Any who here’s a couple pics of the material that’s all vinyl. Hope you all can help me out. Thanks again for letting me join. Scotty
By John
Hi @Scotty welcome to the forum!!

I have never seen any material like that. Hopefully someone on here has but I have a feeling you wont be able to find that. You might try asking these guys https://smsautofabrics.com/

There are some companies that can reproduce fabric but I thinks its quite expensive.
Single Faced Basting Tape

Drop the single face and just enter basting tape. […]

I have a Pfaff 545 and 1245 which use the same bob[…]

Do you have a picture of the corner? Trying to und[…]

The Padded Cell

nice job! :grin: