General discussions about our craft and industry.
By Bondo497
@BigRig
I'm going to let you have this one, I would probably come up with something so off that Cale would have to sit down backwards.
By Joemcglynn
We got a ‘65 Dart GT for our son for Christmas, which barely fits in the shop with my studebaker custom and all my other tools. So plans for a dedicated upholstery bench are on hold for a while. We end to attend to a few mechanical things to get it running better - carb/choke most likely. Then cosmetics. Body/paint and a full interior. This should be fun.
John liked this
By Cale
Hum........... 🤔
I have been wanting to recover my chair. I guess that I could do it white with blue buttons and blue piping.
John liked this
By Cale
Ok, you all inspired and challenged me. I ordered materials this afternoon to make a kool stool. :wink:
John liked this
By IvanD
Keep going guys :) I already got blue and red thread. Will be doing ///M office chair. Got leather too :)
John liked this
By John
Haha maybe we should have an office chair competition :grin:
Cale liked this
By BigRig
@John,

I have to sit that one out man, too many of those make me :dizzy_face:
John liked this
By Cale
I finally got around to building me a dedicated glue/paint table. I am going to put an attack fan where an a/c unit used to be with a filter in front to suck the fumes out of my work area. I might even paint the table white if the new lights don't brighten it up enough.
By miket
I figured I'd throw my setup out there. It's my saw bench set up for my carpentry work side by side with a piece of 1/4" plywood on top.
Cale, Blucher liked this
By John
Nice! Thats what I use for my mobile setup. 2 folding saw horses and a sheet of plywood. Super easy :thumbsup:
miket liked this
By Ddedman
I started out using the kitchen table. Graduated to a little bigger workspace and used this table setup
It worked well but I struggled with the large sized items like boat cover and such. I broke down and built this unit that I currently use now and absolutely love it. Tons of room to spread out.
Kra z Bill, miket, John and 1 others liked this
By miket
Nice setup!

Heres my new table
Attachments
20191028_123534.jpg
20191028_123534.jpg (1.3 MiB) Viewed 8720 times
20191028_093828.jpg
20191028_093828.jpg (1.3 MiB) Viewed 8720 times
John, Blucher liked this
By Scott D
I’ve been thinking about this. As kids we had a ping pong table, it would flip up and roll away, we would even flip up one side so we could bounce the ball off the flipped up side. Take one side off and you have a table on wheels that can be used as a table and rolled away when not in use, or use the entire ping pong table.
Kra z Bill liked this
By John Long
I built my sewing table out of 1' square tubing with a slick tempered Masonite top. The table is 48” long and 30 inches wide with two 30' x 48” drop leaves. This way the table will go through the standard door but folds out to 4’ x 7 1/2’. With the sewing machine table it becomes 4’ x 9’.

I will try to post some pictures when I can.

John
By John Long
BigRig wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:13 pm @JohnLong, yes please post pictures.
I dug my sewing table out from under the work bench this afternoon. I'm sorry it has taken so long.

It folds from 31" x 48. to around 48 x 90. it has worked well for me and been easy to store when not needed.

John

miket liked this
Single Faced Basting Tape

Drop the single face and just enter basting tape. […]

I have a Pfaff 545 and 1245 which use the same bob[…]

Do you have a picture of the corner? Trying to und[…]

The Padded Cell

nice job! :grin: