General discussions about our craft and industry.
By BigRig
Better the pattern better the job. good thing to repeat and repeat.
John liked this
By Bondo497
@Jayscanvas
Thanks for the blue print, I now see how to lay out my building!
John liked this
By hapyrdr
Tyvek is really tough material We just finished restoring our 100 year old house and the house sat here completely covered in Tyvek (even window and door openings) for a couple of years Never thought about using for a pattern but that is really a good idea.
John liked this
By Cale
Not sure if this is the right spot to post this but it has something to do with work tables. In considering setting up a better work area, I have been considering what I need and what I have learned what I need. Right now I am setting up in a storage room at the back of my shop.
So far these are my considerations:
-Sew table
-Pattern cutting table
-Disassemble/reassemble table
-Glue table
-Sanding/painting area
-Pattern and material storage

If there is something that I am not seeing or missing please feel free to let me know. Thanks.
Stiffchick liked this
By Jayscanvas
I think you listed everything you will need. Remember you can’t always fit everything so sometimes you you need to make thing dual purpose. If you are sticking with that sailrite machine make a table so the machine is flush with the table top it will make sewing so much easier. I will find a picture of when I used a sailrite machine.
John, Cale liked this
By Jayscanvas
I have upgraded my tables since and went with a bigger work table for patterns and cutting and two machines in one sewing table. I have two other machines including my two needle Juki not in a table as I don’t use them for big jobs

Cale, miket liked this
By Kra z Bill
like I did
Attachments
T Rex12.JPG
T Rex12.JPG (1.6 MiB) Viewed 8508 times
T Rex11.JPG
T Rex11.JPG (1.16 MiB) Viewed 8508 times
John liked this
By John
Yeah @Cale That list looks pretty good. Only thing I can suggest is combining the disassembly table and glue table to save space. Its really good that you will have a designated cut out table and disassembly table. That will save you a lot of time not having to clean you table after disassembly.

@Jayscanvas That is an awesome set up you have there!
By Cale
Yeah, I am planning on getting the servo motor for my machine and I will mount it flush at that point.
@Jayscanvas I like the set up that you have.
By Jayscanvas
Which table?
White sewing table is Melamine board from Home Depot

The gray table is made for pinning material down its homosote covered in cheap marine vinyl screwed to regular plywood table
John liked this
By Cale
I wonder what is in all of those boxes that Santa left for me?
John liked this
By Cale
Oh, would you look at that? There was a sewing table, servo motor, leather pressor foot and feed dogs as well as some other much needed accessories in those boxes. :thumbsup: :grin:
Thank you Santa.
John liked this
By Bondo497
So that's where 'Ol Santa got side tracked at!
Now you can look cool on your stool @Cale :sunglasses:
By BigRig

Nice color combo white table, blue machine. Can you see the similarities? @Bondo497 . Lets build Cale a matching stool!
John liked this

With a vision to empower and inspire our customers[…]

First Project - Cube Stool

Sleek contemporary furniture combined with a neutr[…]

I agree it's usually not a problem but on occasion[…]

Single Faced Basting Tape

Thanks Ron. I was watching a video from Cechaflo […]