By IvanD
Of course. Black is so "universal" that I think you will have to pay retail for it :cry:
By John
@stealthmode93 If your just learning go with the synergy suede. When you just starting out your going to make mistakes and that's normal. Its a lot better to make mistakes on $15 material rather than $80 material. In my opinion anyways.

@IvanD Thanks for the ultra suede resource. Thats a great price
By John
The type of suede you want to use depends on the application you are using the fabric for. Backed suede is always stronger, but it isn’t as flexible, so you will want to use backed suede for applications like seats and things that get a lot of wear and tear. You will want to used unbacked suede for headliners and complex shapes that you don’t want a seem in, and that do not get as heavy of use. With unbacked suede you have to be careful applying glue because if you use to much it will bleed through.

Hope this helps!
By Upholstery_learner2020
Cody wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:47 pm I wouldn’t be worried about those little wrinkles esp for just starting out. I still struggle with headliners lol. I think for seat isn’t it from Back to front on the lower cushion and top down on the back cushion? As far as longevity I have no clue. I had it in a truck once and it didn’t last as long as the material it was sewn to, but it was also on a high impact area of the seat.
Hello Cody,
How did you manage not to stain the fabric when you applied the adhesive to it? Where did you get the ultraseude from-Keyston, Kovi or Discount designer fabrics?
By John
You have to use a spray gun to apply the adhesive other wise it will bleed through.
Sometimes I get suede from Keyston bros and sometime from Albrights supply
Single Faced Basting Tape

Drop the single face and just enter basting tape. […]

I have a Pfaff 545 and 1245 which use the same bob[…]

Do you have a picture of the corner? Trying to und[…]

The Padded Cell

nice job! :grin: