By Seal
Hey! Please help! I have 2 Nissan 300zx door cards to trim. There is a gulley/recess running along them which my customer wants filled with piping, he also wants decorative stitching. There will be 3 sections the top which I've already recovered with vinyl, the second which is a centre panel, the gulley runs between panel 1 and 2 and also between 2 and 3. I've made the pattern for the centre panel and attached the piping and sewn the decorative stitching line .. how do I secure the piping into the gulley/recess? Can I glue it, I've seen it to the centre panel but not the first panel. The recess becomes more shallow on the ends would you recommend taking out the plastic piping so it can fold easily? These are definitely a challenge for me, I'd really appreciate some advice and tips, thank you!! Sorry it's so confusing I've put a picture this is one before I started
By John
It looks to me like the welting is just pressed in to a channel on the door panel. I would glue the entire section and tuck the welting in to the channel.

I’m not sure what you are using on the edge […]

Top stitch question

I use a shorter stitch (6mm) when joining panels a[…]

Good information. I'm going to check this foam pl[…]

For diamond pattern I just staple the edges about […]