By Tuttah
Hey guys, I though i'd share some pics of my first completed seats with my new Juki 2810.
The seats were really tricky, especially the armrests and headrests as I had to make the patterns from scratch. However i'm quite happy with the outcome.
The machine is awesome and a pleasure to use. Highly recommended :slight_smile:
Any input or advice on any improvements would be welcome.
Many thanks
By John
That came out fantastic for your first project! You should be proud.

2 tips for next time.
- Make sure to fold the seam allowance all the the same side. This will give a more uniform look on all your seams
- You should get a steamer and steam all your covers and seams before installing. This will help smooth every thing out because it relaxes the foam, fabric and thread.
Tuttah liked this
By Tuttah
Thanks for your input John, very much appreciated.
I will keep the folding of the seam allowance in mind for next time, and I will keep an eye out for a steamer. The Vinyl was a little creased when I purchased it, so it steam may have helped.
I am planning on redoing the headrests, as i'm not completely satisfied with them. The original headrest material was glued to the foam, which meant I couldn't use the patterns of the original cover. However, I will take a bit more time on the next headrest, and hopefully they will come out better. I'll update you with any progress :grinning: :thumbsup:
John liked this
By Tuttah
Thanks buddy. Yes the machine is big, but it's a luxury to have all that space under the arm. I'm well happy with it, especially with the foot adjuster at the top :thumbsup:
John liked this
By Tuttah
BigRig wrote:@Tuttah , what machine did you have before your new Juki?
I used to have a Brother ls2-B837. It was a really good machine, however it wasn't taken care of properly by the previous owner which is why I brought a new one. It also used to leave oil stains on the fabric which was annoying.
By Matt Hamblin
Looks very nice!
It looks like a simple design at first glance, but the more i look at it the more mesmerized i seems to get. Those pleats really play tricks on your eyes lol i like that type of design.
John liked this
Single Faced Basting Tape

Drop the single face and just enter basting tape. […]

I have a Pfaff 545 and 1245 which use the same bob[…]

Do you have a picture of the corner? Trying to und[…]

The Padded Cell

nice job! :grin: