By BigRig
I will post a picture of that miserable thing I was working on.
By Cale
I spent hours on this one panel only to ultimately rip it off to start over again. Ugh! :rolling_eyes:
John liked this
By Cale
In my defense, it was the first time that I had covered a panel like this. But, I learned so much. It really does make a difference where you start, how tight you pull it and the prep work underneath the fabric.
When I did this, I did not use a heat gun or steamer, I had glued the sew foam to the panel backwards and I apparently didn't prep the panel well because in two days the edges started peeling off. When I grabbed the vinyl to rip it off of the sew foam everything came off at one time all the way down to the panel. Nothing permanently stuck to the panel.
John liked this
By Susy
@BigRig they took forever....especially since I had absolutely no experience only a couple crappy youtube videos that didn't really help.
I just told myself I could do it and I did....
@Cale I didn't use any foam. I just prepared the plastic and glue the vinyl on. The vinyl I used worked really well. When I heated it it stretched exactly where it need to. I made sure before I cut the piece to see what way to put the stretch....

When I was younger my sister and I would play pool together (we were both really bad) her moto was "shoot hard and hope for the best" and that's what I do
Cale, John liked this
By BigRig
@Susy, good attitude. I do that here F up a ton but just go back to John videos see that I got impatient and skipped something, learn over then go again ha ha. I used no heat gun or foam on mine the garin had to remain exact in thckness and depth, took a while too.
John liked this
By Cody
Kudos to all of you. I use to have to door panel inserts all the time and hand rests on classic cars. Got good. Stepped out of the upholstery game for about 10yrs and now I’m scared to do them anymore lol
Single Faced Basting Tape

Drop the single face and just enter basting tape. […]

I have a Pfaff 545 and 1245 which use the same bob[…]

Do you have a picture of the corner? Trying to und[…]

The Padded Cell

nice job! :grin: