By Revv Up
I’m doing a headliner in a customers truck and don’t anticipate doing many more of them.... so I don’t want to buy a spray set up , is there any decent aresol glues that will not fail or should I be looking for a contact cement and roll it on?
By JoeRodder
I would invest in a spray gun. They cost less than a good spray can of adhesive. Try Harbor Frieght or Amazon. Use heat resistant landau top adhesive and your customer will be pleased. The headliner won't fall down on their head...LOL
By John
I agree with @JoeRodder, Spray can adhesive can be messy

If you go with spray cans I suggest this 3m headliner spray. http://amzn.to/2mZZUYy
They are $15 you may need 2 cans depending on the size.

Or you can get the Harbor Freight gun. https://www.harborfreight.com/32-oz-hea ... 69704.html
$24 minus %20 with a coupon = $19 plus you get a free tape measure with another coupon :smiley: You cant have enough tape measures
$35 for the a gallon of glue https://www.albrightssupply.com/Weldwoo ... Click=3957

Its a little more to go the gun route but you can use that glue for more than just headliners. Plus you'll be ready when all that guys friends come knocking on your door.

I wouldn't recommend rolling it on because the car will smell like glue forever. You could brush it on but that will take hours.

Hope this helps!
By Scott D
weldwood for head liners, they make several styles of glue, some to use under rubber. It's in a white and blue can, it's all I use.
John liked this
By Revv Up
Unfortunately Weldbond landau glue is not available up here in the ice floes (Canada) so..... my wholesale supplier has a spray glue for headliners they had formulated (I was real skeptical) so I did a test of vinyl to foam and when testing it actually failed at the foam and not the glue joint. Hopefully it will stand the test of time.
By John
Yeah sorry guys I didn't realize how different the supplies are in other countries. Thanks @BigRig for the recommendation! Does that stuff work good?
By BigRig
Its the best you can get. The company has some very serious studies into their adhesives. Canadians cannot get trimming supplies like aersol, solvents etc sent to them from the United States.
John liked this
By Samhomes5
I also agree with other member. I will also recommend you to invest in spray adhesives. I am a woodworker and i know its importance. It will save your lot of time and effort. My suggestion for you will be 3M's Hi-strength 90 Spray Adhesive
or Weldwood 122. These 2 works great for me. There are many more options available but these 2 are value for money, you can also head over to this article on spray adhesives to get their insights and also got to know answers of your some query

A knee lift is also REALLY nice :grin:

I use the Landau glue almost for everything. I h[…]

stapler

Hello! I have Rainco, I'm satisfied, I can get to […]

headliner retainer strips

I have a 1959 Plymouth - the headliner consists of[…]