By Rug Dr.
Goo day All.

I have a gambler bass boat that came in for new carpet and he wants to recover a couple of side panels. The material on the side panels is factory, and it's vinyl with a rubber backing glues to a plastic panel, and a cheap plastic panel at that.The material doesn't want to come off easy, it's almost like a vacuum formed panel. Not sure if gluing the new vinyl will work?? have yet to try it since I don't have the color vinyl he wants yet and I don't want to screw it up. He's going with ship to shore on the new vinyl. I use weld wood top and trim glue with the carpet install.

Thanks
Scott
By John
@Rug Dr. Yep I leave the old vacuum formed vinyl on all the time if it is stuck on there. You'll do more damage trying to remove it all. Weld Wood contact cement will work just fine.
By Rug Dr.
Yeah, I told the guy carpet would look better and hold the plastic together to keep the form/shape if the cracking panels. There are two trim panels in the walk through that had a large 1/2 nut for a spacer that destroyed the plastic rendering it useless. The current vinyl is almost like a rubber, and vac formed to the cheap plastic panels.

By the way I had issues logging in with my other user name, so I had to use another email and register again, and could not use my original log is name. It works

Scott S.
Single Faced Basting Tape

Drop the single face and just enter basting tape. […]

I have a Pfaff 545 and 1245 which use the same bob[…]

Do you have a picture of the corner? Trying to und[…]

The Padded Cell

nice job! :grin: