By Wsmart
Hey all,
Looking for the softest vinyl for marine application-fabric to be used inside boat on fresh water-not outside in the sun, UV etc. I am in search for something luxurious in feel and resembling calf's leather. Is there such a vinyl out there that doesn't smell or 'feel' like fake leather?
I just noticed a "ever soft" vinyl at Sailrite. Wondering....anyone use this yet?
Thanks in advance,
By Wsmart
Forgot to mention....boat is a sailboat and has very tinted windows up above so not likely to have much UV get down into salon area or cabins
By Wsmart
I've attached the Ever Soft Vinyl specs from Sailrite. Thoughts, anyone?
Hmmm let's see if I can figure out how to attach! lol
By BigRig
There were discussions on Ultraleather on here and it would serve the purpose. Nothing is going to feel like calfs leather and the smell may be minimal with the vinyls you are looking at since they are not thick. Were you going to attempt this yourself?
By Adam12
Sunbrella Horizon is our softest high end mairne option. Not sure how eversoft compares feel-wise but horizon has a better wear rating so i suspect eversoft is softer. I like it because they offer foam backed, channel and welt in all colors and customers like to hear that Sunbrella name.
By Wsmart
Interesting! I actually think I might have a sample of Horizon kickin' around here somewhere in the sail loft. Thanks! If not I'll check out avail colors :grinning:
By BigRig
@Wsmart, I need to use that Eversoft on a project due to color of the watercraft. Did you find any other sources for this material? It is not a true 4 way stretch but workable.
By Wsmart
I've only found Eversoft on Sailrite.com
Altho I mostly use Morbern which is 4 way stretch
John liked this
By BigRig
I use that as well but the issue is color matching to equipment so this is going to have to be tried.
John liked this

I have mixed the bobbin colors a lot and it doesn'[…]

Single Faced Basting Tape

Thanks Ron. I was watching a video from Cechaflo […]

Do you have a picture of the corner? Trying to und[…]

The Padded Cell

nice job! :grin: