Looking at a few options, I have had a Sailrite LSZ1 for 13 years, and wanting some features available other newer machines now. I live about 3 hours from Sailrite and am trying to arrange a Demo on their Fabricator whick is I think somewhat of a Singer 111 copy. I have Demo'ed a Juki 1541 and a 1580 and will get another chance to run a Consew 206r-5 before making a final decision. In my mind I give some creed to the Japanese made Juki brand but I think most of the machines made in China are pretty good these days, Like I said my current LSZ1 has been pretty good from China. I also have a line on a used Consew 206-4 which would of been one of the Japan made Consews built by Seiko before production moved. I have only been a tinkerer for all of these years and all together I still am quite the rookie but am wanting to take on upholstery as a semi retired sideline and am wanting a table mounted, paddle reverse, straight stitch, needle feed servomotor machine.

looks like:
Sailrite Fabricator $1425 during current sale.
Juki 1508 @ $2350 + tax
Juki 1541 @ $1650 + tax
New Consew 206r-5 $1500 + tax Some ebay mail order options for $1350 ??
Used Consew 206r-4 $1100 no tax made in Japan..
New Seiko 206r $1850 no tax made in Japan

Mostly asking for opinions but if someone has some hands on experience with some of these options vs others on the list I would love to hear your opinions

Doug...
Your'e looking in the right direction. I have a Consew 1541S, same as the Juki 1541, it doesn't have the needle position like the Juki, I wish it did. John did a nice review of the sailright fabricator. . I bought mine off ebay, there was no dealer in Phoenix for it, and I didn't want to get hosed by the Juki dealer, paying tax and his fluffed up price. I think the Consew is the same as the juki, kind of like a silverado is to a gmc truck. I wouldn't have a problem buying a 206.
John liked this
Seller did not accept my offer on the 206rb5 south of here but all I could see paying when compared to new. Sailrite was very receptive to letting me come up and demo the fabricator and bring it home if it had the feel I was hoping for. I am a bit sound sensitive. Not to get too weird but the sound and motion can make it more or loss pleasant to sew all day. I LSZ1 will do all I need but it is loud, and terrible un balanced even with the heavy wheel on it. Fabricator specs just over 1000 spm which is double that of mine and some of the others with double the fabricator so I do not want a machine that is compounding this concern as I sew faster. I think I am going to make the 4 hour drive up to Sailrite and stop by Indy and demo a new Consew 206rb-5 on the way, I will have had taime on all of the above then and I think the choice will be easier.

Is the Juki 1508 the only machine in this group to have the bigger 28mmx 11mm bobbin, it is about 2mm larger than the typical "M" bobbin. One other thing is I am expecting the Workhorse servo motor on the fabricator to be nicer than to installed ones on the juki and consews in indy so another plus for them.

If it sews well sounds smooth and I am favoring the Fabricator, for the following, Posi Pin, workhorse servo, Black !!, Sailrite customer service.

Has anyone used the Japan Consews vs the later machine coming from China, is there any sound or smoothness difference. ??
TYPICAL GC0605.

Does anyone have any experience with this machine. I am still in the market for a new machine and this is billed as doing t69 - t138 and a max of t270 thread ?? I would think that T270 is a far stretch from the at the top of it's normal range being T138. I would love a machine that could handle from T69 to T270 thread. I want the aesthetics of the big thread on some occasional custom boat and car interior work but cant justify a machine for this alone. I have been trying to call but to no avail so far. Link below.

https://www.sunnysewingcenter.com/index ... ine-detail
Jace liked this
Thanks for the feedback on my common questions, my search come to an end tonight when I come across a 206RB-5 early, I believe, built in Japan version at a " get lucky once in a while " price so it forced my hand so to speak. So I am set for now, very happy with the way this worked out. I will circle around to buy a new machine for larger thread later after this one makes me some more money to put back in the game. Pic to follow if I can figure it out, seems different here.

thanks Guys !!
John, miket liked this
RIDETOEAT wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:36 pm Thanks for the feedback on my common questions, my search come to an end tonight when I come across a 206RB-5 early, I believe, built in Japan version at a " get lucky once in a while " price so it forced my hand so to speak. So I am set for now, very happy with the way this worked out. I will circle around to buy a new machine for larger thread later after this one makes me some more money to put back in the game. Pic to follow if I can figure it out, seems different here.

thanks Guys !!
How are you liking the Consew?
Thinking of upgrading from my mini Thompson later this year
John liked this
[quote=RIDETOEAT post_id=5289 time=1560615678 user_id=487]
Seller did not accept my offer on the 206rb5 south of here but all I could see paying when compared to new. Sailrite was very receptive to letting me come up and demo the fabricator and bring it home if it had the feel I was hoping for. I am a bit sound sensitive. Not to get too weird but the sound and motion can make it more or loss pleasant to sew all day. I LSZ1 will do all I need but it is loud, and terrible un balanced even with the heavy wheel on it. Fabricator specs just over 1000 spm which is double that of mine and some of the others with double the fabricator so I do not want a machine that is compounding this concern as I sew faster. I think I am going to make the 4 hour drive up to Sailrite and stop by Indy and demo a new Consew 206rb-5 on the way, I will have had taime on all of the above then and I think the choice will be easier.

Is the Juki 1508 the only machine in this group to have the bigger 28mmx 11mm bobbin, it is about 2mm larger than the typical "M" bobbin. One other thing is I am expecting the Workhorse servo motor on the fabricator to be nicer than to installed ones on the juki and consews in indy so another plus for them.

If it sews well sounds smooth and I am favoring the Fabricator, for the following, Posi Pin, workhorse servo, Black !!, Sailrite customer service.

Has anyone used the Japan Consews vs the later machine coming from China, is there any sound or smoothness different

I am new here and have only done three small jobs with my new Sailrite Fabricator
I love the machine but have never used any of the others you mentioned.
RIDETOEAT wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:34 pm TYPICAL GC0605.

Does anyone have any experience with this machine. I am still in the market for a new machine and this is billed as doing t69 - t138 and a max of t270 thread ?? I would think that T270 is a far stretch from the at the top of it's normal range being T138. I would love a machine that could handle from T69 to T270 thread. I want the aesthetics of the big thread on some occasional custom boat and car interior work but cant justify a machine for this alone. I have been trying to call but to no avail so far. Link below.

https://www.sunnysewingcenter.com/index ... ine-detail
Currently using this machine. So far very satisfied. Only complaint is the internal bobbin winder is finicky. I recommend using just the side mounted attachment. I Have only been using T92 and have not experimented with larger thread sizes.
John liked this

I don’t think the bobbin color matters as mu[…]

Single Faced Basting Tape

Drop the single face and just enter basting tape. […]

Do you have a picture of the corner? Trying to und[…]

The Padded Cell

nice job! :grin: