Hi there
I'm new to the forum and I'm completely stuck on how to remove this seat back. It's a system I've never come across before. It's a dining chair about 50 years old, and the back panel is held in place by these two little brass rods (?) that screw in to the frame but it's all sandwiched between two pieces of ply...
I'd be really grateful if anyone can suggest what sort of tool I need to get to remove these. I've attached close-up photos of the upturned chair and one of the whole chair.
Many thanks, Heidi
I have never seen this specific system but my guess is that its just a pressure fit between the frame and those rods. It looks like that channel on the bottom is there to for the rods to fit in to. I'm also guessing the counter sunk holes are there to insert a screw to further hold it in place. Just my guess though.
Heidi Horwood liked this
Perhaps that rod has been slipped into a close-fitting hole. To install it, you would tap it into place as you would a dowel into a drilled hole.

To get it out you would put some sort of tool, like a drill rod, into the countersunk hole and wiggle it back and forth while attempting to pull it out of the frame.

I’m not sure what you are using on the edge […]

Top stitch question

I use a shorter stitch (6mm) when joining panels a[…]

Good information. I'm going to check this foam pl[…]

For diamond pattern I just staple the edges about […]