By Brad
Hey everyone, I'm new to the uphstry world and trying to find a used machine has been a challenge but I came across a Reliable msk 8300b machine. Jusg curious if anyone knows anything about them or if it would be a good machine to start out with to learn the basics. The only info I can find on it is its a unison feed large bobbin self oiler, I just not sure though as the guy who is selling it doesn't thinks it's a walking foot machine. I want to make sure I know as much as possible before I pull the trigger on it. Thanks

Brad
By Adam12
Hard to find much about it, but it looks a lot like a consew p1206 which is a price point consew model. Its a gamble, reliable isn't a high end brand to begin with. And personally, i am from the shcool of thought that cheap tools are expensive. I am sure plenty of people have had success with them or they wouldn't still be in business. If its cheap enough, it might be worth a shot but it would have to be real cheap.
John, souperdoo liked this
By Brad
Thanks for the feed back. The guy ended up selling it so probably best i missed out on it, and judging by your comments he was asking too much.
By John
@Adam12 couldn't agree more!

Hi Brad,

Thats not so easy to answer. In theory that machine will do everything you need to learn upholstery but it depends if your lucky enough to get a good one. Reliable, like many cheaper copy cat brands purchase back door machines and machines that didn't pass QC at a name brand manufacture. They put their logo on them and sell them at a discount. Its really luck of the draw if you will get a good machine with out problems. This is why I always recommend going with an established brand.

I urge you to download our Sewing Machine Buyers Guide where we walk you through
choosing and purchasing a machine.
https://theluckyneedle.com/sewing-machine-buyers-guide/

I hope this helps!
John
Adam12, souperdoo liked this
By Brad
Thanks John for getting back to me, I do have your sewing machine guide and my wife is going through your apprentice course. I build custom cars for a living and my wife is gonna get started in upholstery work and hopfully start doing the work for these cars. I ended up coming across a pfaff 145 h3 after I posted about the Reliable and picked it up for the same price so I think I lucked out.
Adam12 liked this

With a vision to empower and inspire our customers[…]

First Project - Cube Stool

Sleek contemporary furniture combined with a neutr[…]

I agree it's usually not a problem but on occasion[…]

Single Faced Basting Tape

Thanks Ron. I was watching a video from Cechaflo […]