By CnC
Better to get these in single toe, double toe, with or without teeth? Just want to know before I order from Cutex. I think the single toes they offer do not have teeth
By BigRig
@CnC, I just finished a 50 ft run of 1/4" cord and I would not have used a toothed foot on this my project would have been chewed down with all the tight turns.
By CnC
Crap, I just ordered a set of 3/16 & 1/4 with teeth. Guess I'm reordering again
By CnC
Well talk about luck. Cheryl from Cutex Supplies sent me an email stating that a take up spring I ordered along with the toothed welting feet is on back order and wouldn't arrive for a bit so she switched out the piping feet with the "non toothed" version. My question is what applications are better suited for the welting feet with teeth? I will be doing our boat tops this summer so will the "untoothed" type be a good fit for canvas too?
John liked this
By Adam12
All of our welt foot sets are smooth. Have not found a need to look into toothed feet so i never really thought about it. You can use a welt foot for your canvas but you won't need it, no cord on a bimini. I use regular feet for everything other than welt cord, but plenty of people put their welt feet on and sew everything with it.
John liked this
By souperdoo
I would think the only case for toothed welting feet would be on Cordura 1000D or ballistic nylon where you are making a cover for a supertanker.

I sew almost exclusively with heavy Corduras and all of my welting feet are smooth; I have never even considered a need for toothed feet.

You'd have to be pulling something awfully big to need a foot wif teefs.
By John
I dont recommend toothed feet unless your only working with canvas.
Single Faced Basting Tape

Drop the single face and just enter basting tape. […]

I have a Pfaff 545 and 1245 which use the same bob[…]

Do you have a picture of the corner? Trying to und[…]

The Padded Cell

nice job! :grin: