By John
I wanted to show you guys this trick to save you lots of time. Instead of pulling every staple one by one just cut them off flush using an electric multi master tool. https://amzn.to/2LdTHnW

I will try to make a on this one of these days. Here is another persons video showing how well it works.

once you cut the staples if they arnt flush then you and come back and tap them down with a hammer.

You wouldn't want to do this on super high end jobs but for most jobs this is perfectly acceptable.

@BigRig This will work great on your big seat job
@vicstric This also works on boats.
vicstric, Adam12 liked this
By BigRig
@John
kicking man! :money_mouth: Seriously just cut me some hours off this job which brings me back into their budget. Awesome!
By Cody
Man that’s a good idea. Wish I had known this before finishing over 20 bar stools lol. Good idea to store away for next time
By vicstric
that is the cat's "meow"! I have been wanting on of those tools a long time... now i have an outstanding reason! I recently did a seat for a ski boat where the previous cover was installed with steel staples so they were rusted to the point you could not pull them anyway. I got after them with a belt sander but it didn't work all that well... unless you wanted little sharp pieces of metal all over the place...lol
John liked this
By John
@BigRig Super happy that helps!

@Cody Haha! Yeah I know how you feel. I think I have wasted at least a full year of my life just pulling staples before I saw someone doing this. :joy:

@Scott D Oh hey that a great idea also. Never thought of that! Thanks

@Kra z Bill Ive never used the harbor freight one. How is it?

@vicstric Hope it saves you some time! And yeah damn those rusty staples :rage:
vicstric liked this
By Kra z Bill
I have 2 of them, one with that attachment and one with a sandpaper attachment.
John liked this
By BigRig
@Kra z Bill ,

Can you give a little information on the sandpaper usage? Also guys pulling staples is really hard on the old hands don't you think?
By Kra z Bill
BigRig wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:56 am @Kra z Bill ,

Can you give a little information on the sandpaper usage? Also guys pulling staples is really hard on the old hands don't you think?
The sandpaper is not used much in this application, I was just using it to say that I use 2 of the Harbor Freight versions of this tool on several projects. I like them . I am getting to be an Old Guy (58) and this tool helps me cut right thru staples.
John liked this
By vicstric
I can't tell if in the video they are using a toothed blade or the abrasive blade. I tried using a flat toothed Bi-metal blade and it works but not near as well as the video indicated... unless they sped up the tape...lol

Would a circular blade be better than a flat one?
Single Faced Basting Tape

Drop the single face and just enter basting tape. […]

I have a Pfaff 545 and 1245 which use the same bob[…]

Do you have a picture of the corner? Trying to und[…]

The Padded Cell

nice job! :grin: