We built a custom couch / window seat in our tiny house. We've had the cushion covers sewn together by a local seamstress. We want this area to be as comfy as possible. I'm so lost on what materials would be best for filling these back cushions and how to execute this! I'm so overwhelmed with the options....

Things to note:
-There is no backrest... so should we do the back of the cushion with more support?
-cushion covers we had made are are wedge shaped (27" long, 13" deep/bottom, 15" tall in the back,, 14" in the front, 9"deep\top)
-We temporarily stuffed them with a few scraps (so that's what you see in the photos).

Questions I have:
-Should we do some sort of half foam/half stuffing?
-What density of foam? If we do stuffing do we have to have another interior case made or can we get by without this?

Please see photos of our current set-up. I'm also including a photo of something similar that looks comfy that I'd like to achieve?
I would probably stuff them really full of pillow stuffing. It doesn't look like there is any foam in the examples you posted.

If you wanted them more ridged to hold their shape. I would make a foam block about 1 - 2 inches smaller than the cover. Then cover that foam block in a few layers of Dacron batting. Then install the cover.

Hope this helps.
ed28wood liked this
Most furniture these days has the back cushion stuffed with poly-fill. Sometimes it is loose, and sometimes it is put instead of a bag and the bag may be baffled. It is rare to see down stuff cushion on newer furniture but was used on higher end older furniture. A lot of time the poly-fill gets push out of place by usage. In general foam is too firm for use in back cushions but there is some light density foam such as 1410 that can be used and still be comfortable.
John, MalcolmM liked this
Single Faced Basting Tape

Drop the single face and just enter basting tape. […]

I have a Pfaff 545 and 1245 which use the same bob[…]

Do you have a picture of the corner? Trying to und[…]

The Padded Cell

nice job! :grin: