Everywhere I look something needs Upholstered its either a restaurant booth, office chair, car seat, dental stool etc... I have shown some interest in recovering many of these little projects to be rejected. Many have some guy who comes around and does a patch vinyl patch and its cheap they say. I don't know anything about this type of repair. How can it even come close to new material?
Hey @BigRig! Your doing the right thing. Don't worry. You'll always hear more NOs than YESs. But you'll never find the Yes with out asking. Getting out there and asking is the hardest part. Eventually you'll get a Yes and that person will refer you to all their friends if their happy with your work.

Its a good idea to have a simple business card you can leave with these people also. Another thing you can say when they tell you their going to get a vinyl repair is. "Do you mind if I leave you a business card in case you ever have a tare that is to big for a repair"

About the vinyl patch repairs. Those guys are actually pretty good if they know what they are doing. But you can repair small rips and holes. Eventually the fabric will need to be replaced one day. I tried to get in to doing vinyl repair once but decided it wasn't for me. To do a proper job you need to invest in good tools and good paint and you really need to practice. Instead I just found a guy that I trusted and started using him and referring him to my customers. Then he started doing the same for me. The lesson i learned is you don't need to know how to do everything. You just need to know how to do what you are doing very well.

If you want to learn more about how it works. These guys at VinylPro have a lot of info and products
https://www.youtube.com/user/vinylprothad/videos
http://www.vinylpro.com/

I don’t think the bobbin color matters as mu[…]

Single Faced Basting Tape

Drop the single face and just enter basting tape. […]

Do you have a picture of the corner? Trying to und[…]

The Padded Cell

nice job! :grin: