Post pictures of your finished work and current projects.
By macdonjr
Three years ago I came across an opportunity to get some aviation upholstery leather that I couldn't pass up. At that time I wasn't sure what I would be doing with it but proceeded to pick up an old walking foot leather machine, little did I know I'd become somewhat of a sewing machine mechanic. It took awhile, but with a few parts and some adjusting, I was sewing some small leather projects! Soon afterwards I was building a car and was determined to sew my own interior. With the help of John's videos (I actually won a contest John had a couple of years ago, that he would give a few people 45-60 minutes of his time on the phone to discuss upholstery). Sorry for the long lead in, but I wanted to show the finished project, learned a lot and of course there is a lot more to learn. It's a bit scary working with nice leather knowing that it's hard to undo most mistakes.....
Thanks John
John, miket, Matt Hamblin liked this
By vicstric
Holy CRAP! That's awesome! Pretty impressive and pretty agressinve to take that on as your first. Great job.
John liked this
By John
Thank you so much for sharing this! Stories like this are why I put so much energy in to the videos. That looks fantastic. Such a cool car!!

@macdonjr Id love to post your story on Facebook. Would that be ok?
miket liked this
By macdonjr
Thank you all for your replies, I can tell you that there were some scary moments and some scrape pieces on the floor that did work out, fortunately they weren't the main pieces! Thanks again John for your videos that helped me along, shortening up the learning curve. Looking forward to a time when we are allowed to get out to go out driving, the car was just recently inspected and I can't go driving......
John, yes you may use my story on Facebook.
Stay safe.....Joe
John liked this
By Connie
WOW! Beautiful! Well done and WHAT A CAR! Hope you show it off in parades and car shows. Enjoy the ride!

Connie
John liked this
By John
I use the same lamp! Except I got rid of the big base and screwed the light to my table. :thumbsup:
By B1N9S
Wow. I thought I was being brave !!!

What a fantastic job and WOW, what a car. Absolutely love it.
John liked this

Unless you're like me and mark the underside for y[…]

Single Faced Basting Tape

Thanks Ron. I was watching a video from Cechaflo […]

Do you have a picture of the corner? Trying to und[…]

The Padded Cell

nice job! :grin: