Anything about sewing machines and the tools we use.
By vicstric
Hi Guys and Gals! I have an industrial machine with a consew csm 1000 servo motor. Every time when i first start to sew, the motor goes a few extra stitches before it stops. It does not do this after the initial power on and start of sewing. I thought it may be the linkage binding somehow but i have found nothing in that regard.

I have just gone on that when i first start for the day to run a piece of scrap at first and then go about my business. But these things drive me crazy. Has any one else seen this happen? Any clues on how to make it stop?
By Adam12
There is a return spring on the control lever under the table right where the pedal shaft is connected. There should be 2 or 3 notches on the lever, see if you can slide the spring to a tighter notch.
John, vicstric liked this
By SymonLie
Hello....I have a Family Sew servo engine that can slither when I need it to or run with the quickest. It has a multi position turning switch on the front, making it easy to change the maximum velocity on the fly. I use it on my Cowboy CB4500. I just needed to change the pulley to a #614, which is 2.25 inches breadth, to get the reach I needed.

turnkey pcb
Last edited by SymonLie on Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vicstric liked this
By vicstric
i checked the linkage and the return spring location. linkage seems ok. The spring doen not have holes but has two notches. Mine in located in the farthest nitch from the shaft on the motor. In my mind that would give the most return spring tension. I will keep searching. as mentioned i have learned to deal with it. It only runs maybe 3-4 extra stitches when i get off the peddle for the first time. But it will screw you if you dont run some scrap first.
By Adam12
If you were to turn it off after it happened, and then turn it right back on, does the same issue re occur? Or is it just that first run of the day no matter how many times you turn it off/on? Peek under the table next time you are expecting it and see if you can tell if it's a "return to zero" issue if you haven't done that already. The piston that the lever actuates could need lubrication i suppose. Maybe cycle the pedal several times before turning it on. All intended to help determine if it is a mechanical issue in nature.
John liked this
By vicstric
@Adam12 , I tried today to get answers for your question. Upon first turning it on and bumping the foot peddal, it went for a few more stitches. I turned it off and tried again. It again repeated the additional stitches. Turned off again and it stopped immediatly when i took my foot off.... I dunno. Strange. Tomorrow i will see if i can lube something...
John liked this
By Adam12
Man that is strange. Sucks to think you have to compensate for it every time you turn it on. Might be an internal adjustment that can be made but i have never cracked one open.
By vicstric
Sprayed some lube here and there... didn't seem to help. I did see a stop adjustment. There seems to be some play there but i might adjust to give it a little more.

It is probably less of a deal than i make it out to be as it is good practice to check tension and other operation before starting on a real project each day but I am just affraid at some point it is going to screw me....
John Long liked this
By souperdoo
It's an odd issue.

It acts like the servo motor controller is not finding an input signal from a needle positioner, but the CSM1000 doesn't have an NPS and the controller doesn't have a place in the menu item to say an NPS is present when it is not.

The problem is reminiscent of what happens when someone puts a speed reducer on a machine that has an NPS. The controller can't get the signal from the NPS within the specified number of motor rotations so it goes a little nuts looking for one before hitting the "timeout/lack of signal" and shutting down. But all y'all don't have an NPS or a speed reducer.

Perhaps it is a controller fault, but it is very odd that it would only do it once. The controller usually works right or doesn't really work at all.

If it is a linkage hanging up then, instead of simply lifting off of the treadle, do a strong heel-rock back. That will force the linkage to go back over center into the heel-rock zone of the treadle position sensor and won't let the linkage hang up. If that fixes it, then you know it's a problem somewhere between the floor and the treadle position sensor. ;^)

If you are lubing things, don't forget to lube the treadle pivots. Even though the treadle pivots are crudely made they seldom give any trouble, but as long as you're up...
Adam12, vicstric, John liked this
By MSM
Hi
I am new to this forum and sewing.
Have a Juki 564n and Consew1000 servo.
I have used my machine only 2 days and am experiencing the identical problem you describe. On startup 4 stichs. Did you find a solution.
Cheers
Mark
By MSM
Actually it is a CSM3000 servo which I am guessing is the problem. Not sure how to program it yet and reluctant to change the settings. Any solutions?
Mark
By vicstric
I never did find a solution. But to date it only happens when i start for the day and only for a few stiches. I generally start with some scrap to check tension and everything anyway so it really isnt a huge deal. I have not had it happen after intial startup. It is just odd which odd thinkgs sometimes drives me crazy...

Best of luck. Let me know if you find the solution.
John liked this
By MSM
HI
Thanks for getting back.
From reading elsewhere it seems the NPS, which I have but is not attached, may be the issue. Possibly, the electronics on start up will spend a few seconds looking for a signal to see if the NPS is installed. Unfortunately there is not a menu option to permanently tell the machine that it is not installed. This seems like a logical explanation to me. Maybe someone on this board also alluded to that. I am wondering if we can replace just the key pad but not the motor or servo and install a different key pad that has the ability to operate with or without a NPS? Alternatively, I have a NPS sensor but don't seem to have the right connector to the wheel hub and so on. I basically use my machine to repair my boat canvas. I think a NPS would be okay to have I guess. This is all new to me. I also need some foam for the oil pan. I wonder if any foam works with the oil. This old machine juke 563n is pretty amazing so far overall.
Cheers
Mark
John liked this
By vicstric
i was gunning for a 563 but missed out. Nice machine. Not sure what you are talking about with the foam. Are you meaning just something to place down to catch oil drips? I just lay in some papertowels and toss em and replace periodically...

I don't have the NPS. I wish i did. I may look into it. That seems like a logical explanation to me.
John liked this
By Fred-Bilt
Did you ever find the problem with your Consew CSN1000 servo motor? I had the same problem with my CSN1000 but mine did it when ever it wanted to. mine got worse over time. I found the control rod set screws are not tight enough and are slipping just a little so it was not letting the arm to return all the way back So I reset the bolts tighter on the rods and set the foot pedal so it was not all the way back when my foot was off the pedal. so I could force the the return arm to return completely with my heal. Problem is gone for now.
By LLeeT
It is always nice when the person with the problem responds with an answer of what they found about the problem. It could help someone else out with a similar problem.
foam

We are wanting to make pads for ski lifts. I am n[…]

Material Question

When making new cushions, and say the foam is 4&am[…]

All good fibersport! Criticism is the best way to[…]

Hi Darren, I wanna keep the overall look, not ne[…]