By Micah
I have a foam bench seat with a plywood base. I no springs to attach the listing too. My plan was to drill holes in the plywood, hog ring the listing to a strip of vinyl then pull it through the hole and staple it to the base. What is normally done in this situation?
By Adam12
The seam that transitions from flat to the bolster has a piece of fabric sewn onto the seam allowance called a pull. That pull is stapled to the top of the wood inside the skin, between the foam. When disassembling, you will need to take a putty knife or the like to remove the bolster foam, it will most likely be glued to the wood.
John liked this
By Micah
Thanks Adam. This is not a manufactured.seat bottom. I have a piece of 2" and 1" foam for the base. Then I glued a 1" foam bolster around the perimeter. I have the listing and wire sewn to my cover. But I have nothing to hog rig the pull to. The foam isn't glued to the plywood yet.
By John Long
Your original plan will work great and make removal very easy if or when the need arrises. One thing to do is install a wire in your listing. Then you can use cord/twine around the wire, through the hole in the plywood and staple it to the bottom. No hog rings needed. :slight_smile:

John
Single Faced Basting Tape

Drop the single face and just enter basting tape. […]

I have a Pfaff 545 and 1245 which use the same bob[…]

Do you have a picture of the corner? Trying to und[…]

The Padded Cell

nice job! :grin: