So I have recovered attached seat cushions , done 1 old rocker with springs and webbing, and 1 ancient hide-a-bed but that is it. I found some beautiful velvet that is the perfect color and right price but is only about 7.5 ounces/yard. It doesn't stretch so that's a plus but I'm wondering when I get into it if maybe it won't be enough. I'm looking to cover a sofa, loveseat, and 2 chairs. The sofa and loveseat have both pleating on the arms and around the back top and diamond tufting.

Is there something I should fuse to the velvet like interfacing? Would it work to first cover the sofa in a lining material like muslin? Or should I just go with the velvet on its own? I am a total newbie to this large project and welcome any and all advice.

Thanks in advance,
Leana
Fabric weight doesn't really have a lot to do with with strength in my opinion and experience. You could back the fabric by gluing muslin to the back but with velvet you'll risk the glue bleeding through to the face. If your worried about the fabric you have not holding up It probably makes more sense to purchase a better fabric. If the fabric you have was intended for furniture use than it should work just fine.
Single Faced Basting Tape

Drop the single face and just enter basting tape. […]

I have a Pfaff 545 and 1245 which use the same bob[…]

Do you have a picture of the corner? Trying to und[…]

The Padded Cell

nice job! :grin: