By BWfabrication
Hello all,

I recently purchased a 206rb-5. I've started having issues with skipped threads in vinyl. Also every once in a while I get a bundle of thread underneath the missed stitch. It is not every time though. I've gone through all of the steps for timing the machine but it still is doing it. Primarily the change happened when I switched from v92 to 138. I started locking down the tension and then adjusting the bobbin tension accordingly. I remember in class the thread tension was very heavy. I've been on with Consew but still waiting on an answer. Pretty much everything in the shop has come to a screeching halt! I'm sewing standard marine vinyl, Tenara 138 HTR, #20 Needle(New)

How full and what tension should I be loading the bobbin with? Any thoughts on what the issue could be, I'm at a loss...

I was not sure how to actually add the images to the posts so used google links. Link to photos front and back (let me know if this works)

Stitches:

Timing/Needle/Bobbin

Thanks for the help,

Johnny
By BWfabrication
Update. So I started over again and went through all of the steps to adjust this machine. I "think" I might have found the issue. I had to drop the needle height about 2 MM to align the top of the needle hole to its correct height of 2mm from the plate. Then set the timing on the hook again...fingers crossed.

I'm going to try to make the pieces I need again...hopefully it works
By TedP
FWIW - I adjusted my machine according to one of the videos posted and the timing was a bit off from what the video (expert) indicated as proper timing.

Previously - before adjustment - the bobbin hook reached the needle centerline at about the bottom 1/3 of the scarf. The correct timing is supposedly at the middle of the scarf (1/2) So. . . I adjusted the timing accordingly . . . the hook is now reaching the needle scarf sooner on the up-stroke . . . and the hook is crossing the needle at about the middle of the scarf length.

I am now noticing that I occasionally drop a stitch here and there, whereas before it hardly ever happened.

I am wondering if the original timing of the machine was better, because the needle was traveling that extra 1-2 mm upward before the hook crossed it and the thread would have that much more opportunity to 'bow' outward so the hook would catch it.

Maybe I should tweak the timing again back towards where it originally was.

Thoughts ???
Ford F250 project

Very nice job. I really like the seam on the fron[…]

are your relief cuts on the stitch side. not on […]

Available Solana Nodes

I usually use one trusted resource that provides i[…]

The A. Leon Company was first established in 1909 […]