I'm looking for a free (haha) or inexpensive tool to unfold/unroll 3D models to get sewing patterns for fabrics. Think couch or chairs upholstery with foam inside.

ExactFlat is a professional tool that does just this. For hobby / starting a business this is way too expensive and also has an overkill of functions. I have read the unfold function of Rhino isn't really suitable/accurate for making (complex) sewing patterns.

Is it possible in Rhino, is there other software out there or would you advise another technique to create patterns?
Simple couch cushions are something I would like to start with and ultimately I would like to try and make something as complex as this chair https://flokk-cdn-image-prod.azureedge. ... isco_2.jpg.
None of it is cheap to buy. You can lease a prodim but you'll need a way to transfer/cut the pattern file to the actual fabric like a CNC style fabric cutter. You can lease those too or send the file to someone that has a cutter. Carlson is the one i envy, with it and a prodim you'd be in the range of $50,000usd to purchase and get set up. I'm still saving up my nickels and quarters.
John liked this
Pattern sewing and embroidery are very similar. The thread weights obviously differ, as the pattern sewing machines use heavy thread and embroidery is generally done with 40wt thread which is Tex30 +/-. You can get started with embroidery a lot cheaper and for residential work that may be sufficient for decoration. The pattern sewing I've done is manual, layout all the lines and sew them, for a non-factory approach this works fine. When you want to order hundreds or thousands of units get your designs digitized, usually a cheap fee, and then get them stitched out. You have to have a lot of volume to justify a pattern sewing machine.
Adam12, John liked this
. As furniture enthusiasts yourself, whether you want dining table set in Canada to furnish a cozy apartment, create a stunning outdoor oasis, or revamp your entire home, we have the furniture to bring your vision to life. And there are home accessories. From classic designs to contemporary masterpieces, our wide range of furniture includes beds, sofas, storage solutions, dining sets, and more. We strive to create an unparalleled shopping experience for our customers by providing best round coffee table in Canada. Navigating through our user-friendly online platform or visiting our well-appointed physical stores, you'll find a wealth of furniture wonders to transform your living spaces into spaces of style and comfort. Indicates to change.

I have mixed the bobbin colors a lot and it doesn'[…]

Single Faced Basting Tape

Thanks Ron. I was watching a video from Cechaflo […]

Do you have a picture of the corner? Trying to und[…]

The Padded Cell

nice job! :grin: