By BSW
I am learning to sew cars and furniture, the question is how to successfully sew sharp corners from the outside? should the ends have been sewn from more parts?

and how can you stretch the middle part, the floor on the sides? should I have made the long line concave for the floor or side detail?
By BSW
There is img
Attachments
IMG-8345.jpg
IMG-8345.jpg (1.33 MiB) Viewed 554 times
IMG-8347.jpg
IMG-8347.jpg (1.48 MiB) Viewed 554 times
By MalcolmM
John has a couple of videos on sewing corners, it takes practice and you should do it on scraps of fabric before your project!
TedP liked this
By TedP
Yes, practice . . . and more practice.

Not sure what you mean by 'sewing from the outside', ? You will need to have a servo motor and speed reduction to sew tight corners well as a rookie. That way you can slow everything down and take 1 stitch at a time, re-positioning the material for each stitch as you follow the curve.

I usually put the 'straighter' piece on the machine table and have the more curved piece (if there is one that is more curved) on top. Then I move the material so as to keep the seam allowance on the bottom piece consistent and 'feed' the top piece into the path of the needle. I find that this work better than clipping and stapling techniques that are often used to hold the material in its shape while sewing.

I'm no expert, but . . . . The piece you showed in the #2 post would not be commercially viable IMO. (sorry to say)

I’m not sure what you are using on the edge […]

Top stitch question

I use a shorter stitch (6mm) when joining panels a[…]

Good information. I'm going to check this foam pl[…]

For diamond pattern I just staple the edges about […]