General discussions about our craft and industry.
By Bohdan
Hey all, does anyone have experience using SEM or other brands of vinyl paint? I have been asked about putting manufacturer names on snowmobile seats many times, since I have a vinyl cutter for making stencils I don't think it would be that hard. I only need to know if the paint will hold up or not. Thanks
By Ron Henningsen
In my hydrodipping work I use a paint called "One Hit Wonder". It is a paint that doesn't need any primer and prep, other than a clean surface, and really seems to stick to everything. Go on-line to One Hit Wonder and you will see what they offer. I have used it on SEM material that I have hydrodipped and it hold up well.
By Adam12
I used marine SEM on a dashboard in a go fast boat about 2 years ago i think it was. Outstanding results, far better than i expected. I have seen it used on the cabin seats in a cruiser when my friend just wanted a different color. He sold the boat 7 or 8 years after it was done and it looked just as good as new, you'd never know it was dyed. I think it will be great for your seats. Good prep is the key. Don't skip the viny prep and sand free
LLeeT liked this
By Bohdan
Thanks for both replies. Glad to hear they stick well, since my local supplier carries SEM I'll give it a try first but will keep One Hit Wonder in mind. The prep should be no issue as I'm only using it on new reproduction seat covers.
By Ddedman
I have used the duplicolor on an old vynil seat and it worked really well. Getting ready to do some trim work with a SEM vynil paint. I'll update as I complete things.
By Bohdan
Thanks for your input, I have heard of them as well. Look forward to seeing your project

I agree it's usually not a problem but on occasion[…]

Single Faced Basting Tape

Thanks Ron. I was watching a video from Cechaflo […]

Do you have a picture of the corner? Trying to und[…]

The Padded Cell

nice job! :grin: