By PhilipL
I want to make cushions for inside a boat. These are not completely rectangular - boats rarely are. The simplest technique seems to be to make box cushions but all the info I have seen demonstrates with either square or rectangular foam. I can't see why this box technique wouldn't work where there are two smaller ends of different sizes. Am I missing something?
By TedP
These base cushions are fully boxed . . . and not square/rectangular. Same idea as just the top & bottom panels are the desired shape.
IMG_3899.JPG
IMG_3899.JPG (198.86 KiB) Viewed 1014 times
By PhilipL
Ah, there is a difference in terminology here. I meant that there was only one upper panel (including the sides) which is then attached to one lower panel. I have been looking at the Sailrite site and the way they talk about box cushions is different from the way others do.
By TedP
PhilipL wrote:Ah, there is a difference in terminology here. I meant that there was only one upper panel (including the sides) which is then attached to one lower panel. I have been looking at the Sailrite site and the way they talk about box cushions is different from the way others do.
OK, I get it . . . Boxed cushion using only 2 pieces of fabric (right?).

Essentially, all of your edges would need to be straight (IMO), as it would be difficult for the single top piece to form curved sides.
Single Faced Basting Tape

Drop the single face and just enter basting tape. […]

I have a Pfaff 545 and 1245 which use the same bob[…]

Do you have a picture of the corner? Trying to und[…]

The Padded Cell

nice job! :grin: