By Shaun8484
Hello everyone, new guy here and new to sewing and upholstery. I have looked around and cant find much if any info on the New Tech 607Z sewing machine. I know its a clone and probably will fall apart or something but I just cant fork over the money for a Sailrite or an industrial type machine. I had to go with what was in my budget for right now and its the cheapest walking foot I could find. My questions are has anyone used this machine and if so is it ok to get by with for a little while? My other question is are the parts interchangeable with the Sailrite LSZ-1? Thanks for any help anyone can provide.
By Adam12
Plenty of people get by using these type machines, they have their obvious limitations. Having or making a table to drop it in is a big plus or have some way to keep the machine in place...when feeding large pieces, the machine tends to slide around if not secure. I'd die of shock if the parts were not interchangeable with a sailrite and others.
By MalcolmM
I had a "Tech Sew" version of this machine to start out with, works, but one obvious improvement is to buy a steel "monster wheel" to replace the balance wheal. The supplied balance wheel weighs nothing and the motor is only 60W so you need a heavy wheel to plough through heavy fabric.

I don’t think the bobbin color matters as mu[…]

Single Faced Basting Tape

Drop the single face and just enter basting tape. […]

Do you have a picture of the corner? Trying to und[…]

The Padded Cell

nice job! :grin: