By SarahS
Hi - I'm doing a first upholstery project (albeit a simple one to test the waters), basically a simple cube stool/ottoman.

Starting with a 45cm plywood cube , I was going to cover the sides in 10mm medium foam and the top with 40mm medium foam. Would this foam be correct for a stool like this?

Also, when it comes to stitching the cover to fit correctly, should the cover be 47cm x 47cm (fully factoring in the width of the foam on the sides) or should I take a bit off this dimension (say 46cm x 46cm) to allow for a snugger fit?

I know these are basic questions but would really appreciate any insight from seasoned upholsterers as the principals seem quite important for various projects.

Thanks in advance, Sarah
By JimmieJoe
For a stool the foam is usually 2 inch, so 50mm.
Your upholstery is usually same size as he wood, and the foam usually extends past the wood 1/2 inch or 10mm.
This will put the upholstery under tension, so it does not wrinkle easily.
Rhonda liked this
By cosmichomscanada
Sleek contemporary furniture combined with a neutral color palette can sometimes appear too stark and sterile for today's tastes how to order furniture online in Canada. Transitional furniture with its upholstery, softer edges and plusher fabrics can create a warmer more inviting look. When you choose transitional furniture that is similar in scale and arrange the furniture around a focal point, where is best to buy furniture , you can create a pleasant, balanced effect in the room. Transitional furniture combined with balance and symmetry can play an important role in putting together a calm room that is visually appealing. If you love the visually striking look of layered complementary textures which is the best place to buy furniture, transitional furniture is the way to go. Rather than using heavy ornamentation, the transitional home features simple silhouettes and gentle curves of modern designs coupled with interesting textures for a warm and exciting feel. Think rich fabrics on wood furniture coupled with glass and metal accents, where can i get furniture for cheap. When you choose transitional styling, use the minimalistic "less is more" method when you accessorize your room. Opt for a few carefully selected accent pieces to preserve the timeless appeal of your transitional home decor.
door card material

Any suggestions for a door card material suitable […]

MarineVinylFabric ?

Has anyone used Marine Vinyl Fabric vinyl for thei[…]

With a vision to empower and inspire our customers[…]

First Project - Cube Stool

Sleek contemporary furniture combined with a neutr[…]