By Ray
Recovering an Therapy table in a clinic. Can someone recommend a good quality vinyl that would be appropriate to use in this environment. Table gets heavy use and is cleaned and disinfected multiple times a day. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
By BigRig
@Ray, that is Naugahyde so things have changed there. What are you recovering? What is the budget per yard of material?
By Adam12
Sunbrella Horizon is bleachable, use a tenara type thread and it should be unaffected by chemicals
By Ray
BigRig wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 6:17 am @Ray, that is Naugahyde so things have changed there. What are you recovering? What is the budget per yard of material?
It's a therapy table for a Physical Therapy Clinic. Budget has not been discussed they just asked me for a quote with the stipulation that it must be completed over the weekend. My daughter works there so it's kinda a favor/potential opportunity. Tables are in constant use and vinyl seems to degrade relatively fast. I assume mostly from cleaning?
By BigRig
I can tell you that Spirit will last 03 years then start to harden. I have found PV that is 30 oz holds up just as long. In doing all tables moving forward I will use Denali Automotive vinyl have tested it and it is very tailorable, stretches well and lasts just as long.
By Rhonda
Yes the hospital that i did one for , furnished the material ! all i had to do was cover it. They just wanted to pay the labor cost . Thread and staples cost too.
By BigRig
I fully understand the TOP coatings and for Dental refuse to use anything but Naugahyde Spirit, Bolta or some MOrbern with Morcare. I am currently very happy with Challenger too. That Physio Table should have been changed long ago and dont kid yourself on the repeated cleaning of these tables not a frequent as you think. I will post a picture of a table I am working on with Denali.
By Rhonda
For real on the cleaning of this , a quick swipe is all they get. They are filty , i never set on the tables at the Dr. office.
d
By LLeeT
I thought medical grade vinyl was something special. Denali is almost the less expensive vinyl they sell around here, ten bucks or less. What am I missing?
By BigRig
@LLeeT ,

I am pretty stiff on using Spirit Millenium for dental due to it being blended with antifungal and its advanced beautyguard top coating. It is also 37 oz vinyl hard to bend for me and stretch but my choice to use. The other brands have their topcoating like Morberns Morcare to resist bleach and many disinfecting cleaners but I have only seen it in around 32 oz. Spradling has Permablock top coat and is much the same I love their line. I had denali come back off a table and it outlast Spirit by years on the same application. Thats just my choice and for commercial medical facilities use the coated vinyls. Physio is not the same it is likly lotions and oils breaking down the table surface. That table in the picture was due for recover 10 years ago.
MalcolmM liked this
By LLeeT
Thanks for the answer BigRig. I really wasn't questioning why "you" used Denali. I just thought it strange that a lesser priced vinyl was holding up better than the more expensive products. That is good to know just in case I ever have to do some medical stuff. I have used some vinyls that seemed to have a clear type coating, that would come off while cleaning.
By BigRig
Yes that is the top coat maybe. I experiment with different material in a local clinic always testing brands. Denali is probably priced for volume sales thus $10.00 a meter.
Single Faced Basting Tape

Drop the single face and just enter basting tape. […]

I have a Pfaff 545 and 1245 which use the same bob[…]

Do you have a picture of the corner? Trying to und[…]

The Padded Cell

nice job! :grin: