By BigRig
I think the new materials are lacking some give. I have new marine vinyl not old stock and it is more like a flexible paperboard. Really shows foam imperfections as well.
By Adam12
We (very) occasionally use Spradling Softside. It's not my go to material but i don't have any complaints, always thought it to be good quality. Is it the Softside line that you're unhappy with?
By BigRig
@Adam12 , I have never had problems with Spradling anything but this material is stiff and not pliable at all.
By Adam12
Aahhh yes i see, my mistake. About 3 weeks ago i was excited to receive a sample roll of what was supposed to be the latest greatest marine vinyl from one of our suppliers and it was quite disappointing. Your flexible paper board comment is spot on.
By TedP
I just did a 28 foot boat with Spradling. It does feel stiff and thin. Not as nice as the Nautolex vinyls I have worked with.

I'm re-upholstering a 33 foot boat that was Spradling and now going with Nautolex. I noticed the Spradling was dry/cracking in places after 7 years. the customer was wanting to change up the color, but I think he would have needed new vinyl anyway in a few more years. The boat is in the northeast USA, so not an excessive amount of sun exposure, etc.
By BigRig
@TedP , I too just used a lot of Nautolex and loved it but the grain was elk texture so did not match this project. I appreciate the feedback on the marine it is new stock and just as you describe.

I don’t think the bobbin color matters as mu[…]

Single Faced Basting Tape

Drop the single face and just enter basting tape. […]

Do you have a picture of the corner? Trying to und[…]

The Padded Cell

nice job! :grin: