General discussions about our craft and industry.
I am wanting to recover two dining chair pads as one has been badly damaged. The undamaged one is in the photo.

The material is some sort of composite/faux leather and is quite thick. The backing looks like the back of real leather would look, but is obviously manmade.

I have ordered a number of 'vinyl' swatches from several suppliers, but non are of the same thickness or quality, and I would not trust them to be as good as what the seat pads are already covered with.

Does anyone know what sort of material I should be looking for please?
Hi John

I am now not sure what the fabric is and there are no labels on the chairs either.

I have managed to snip a bit off from underneath. It looks like it could be leather, but I am not convinced it is. I have attached some photos, including a pic of the damaged area. Is there a way of telling what material this is please?
I recently acquired a set of black leather dining chairs for my home, and I am delighted with my purchase. These chairs not only enhance the elegance of my dining room but also provide remarkable comfort and resilience. The convenience of cleaning and maintenance that leather provides is particularly useful with young children at home. I admire the versatility of leather dining chairs, as they seamlessly blend with any decor style. In conclusion, I highly recommend investing in leather dining chairs as they are an excellent addition to any home or business that values quality and style.

Here's the source to buy a perfect leather dining chairs set :- https://www.onlydiningchairs.com.au/col ... ing-chairs
Single Faced Basting Tape

Drop the single face and just enter basting tape. […]

I have a Pfaff 545 and 1245 which use the same bob[…]

Do you have a picture of the corner? Trying to und[…]

The Padded Cell

nice job! :grin: