Anything about sewing machines and the tools we use.
By Nick32
So I got a 9420 T from a thrift store and put the needle to hook back in time. I have a problem where sometimes is sews great and most of the time I get a bobbin jam. What happens is as the hook is pulling the thread around the bobbin case it pulls the bobbin case forwardImage[/img] and out of position where the thread tangled on the case next time around. It is a top load bobbin with a plastic case. The bobbin is threaded as per directions as well as the machine. I tried a couple new needles and new bobbin cases. The cases do help until you get a jam and it scratches the case then you get tons of jams again. I’m not buying anymore bobbin cases so I’m checking if anyone has come across this before and was able to fix it. I attached a couple pictures of how it looks and then how it looks after it pulls the bobbin case forward. I think this is a god awful bobbin design but it’s what I got for the time being. Any thoughts? It is threaded correctly and the tension has been adjusted to every possible choice with no change in the problem.
By Nick32
Fixed the problem.
Anyone having this issue try this fix
Now I’m not sure what the parts are called but the metal plate in the picture below is what the bobbin case sits on. I loosened the screw with the screwdriver pointed to it and the one above it and then slid the plate just a tiny bit towards the bobbin case and this adjustment fixed the issue. It’s been I bet 20 hours over the last 4 months but it’s fixed. I can finally die in peace. My $14 sewing machine is in working condition.
LLeeT liked this
Single Faced Basting Tape

Drop the single face and just enter basting tape. […]

I have a Pfaff 545 and 1245 which use the same bob[…]

Do you have a picture of the corner? Trying to und[…]

The Padded Cell

nice job! :grin: