By Rhonda
So , I have the covers made. i put them on fit great , start stapling them down , my staples are bending , I have adjusted the
psi, am i using the wrong kind of staples . or am not putting enough pressure on the staple gun?
By BigRig
@Rhonda, what brand of staples are you using? If you made covers for a sea doo great for you that is a miserable project. The plastic tends to be very hard, thus bending staples.
By LLeeT
I just finished one last week. I had to push fairly firm to get them in all the way and did up the pressure a few pounds. Only had a few bend. BigRig is correct about the hard plastic. I think the SeaDoo had had 16 pieces and I did eliminate 2 piece. They are a pain.
By Revv Up
Sometimes changing the angle of the stapler helps.
By Rhonda
@LLeeT yes it was a Seadoo i found that My Sailrite stapler long nose worked better than any of what i had, adjusting the psi between 80- 100 .
still had to pull some out redo . makes it frustrating customer picked them up tonite , loved them. I was glad to see them go
Rhonda
t
LLeeT liked this
By Rhonda
@Revv Up yes the angle had to be precise, like i said I was glad to see them gone!!
By Rhonda
@BigRig my gauge was 21 after goggling a thousand times the recommended gauge was 22 i made 21 work The staples were wider Job is done !! yes it was a several pieces I hope I dont see another SeaDoo
LLeeT liked this
By BigRig
@Rhonda ,

I agree on the Sea Doo seat. This takes a lot of time!
Top stitch question

So my seam is 6 and the top is 8. I used the same […]

Good information. I'm going to check this foam pl[…]

For diamond pattern I just staple the edges about […]

Furniture store

When seeking replacement furniture, consider your […]