General discussions about our craft and industry.
By mrstee
The manual for a machine I have says it needs a "class 1970,size100(80E)" needle. Can't seem to find any information on this size, can anyone help and point me in the right direction on finding these needles?
By mrstee
Adam12 wrote:Try TheThreadExchange.com and call or search for the UY1970 needle system, they should have size 100.
I've been in touch with Schmetz and they were very helpful so sorted now. Thanks
By Adam12
@BigRig , i have mixed feelings about Jack brand. I don't own any and don't typically advocate for the lesser known brands but they are actually good machines. All manufacturers do at least some assembly in China but Jack appears to be a state owned company, meaning that you are essentially buying a machine from the Chinese government and i'm just not sure how i feel about that. As far as the machines themselves, it's one of the very few "off" brands i'd consider using in my shop
By BigRig
@Adam12 ,

I am with you on that! I honestly do such a huge variety of industrial work I am just looking to change my equipment to machines so I am not operating three different brands and can have all interchangeable feet and attachments. My Adler kills the Juki and Singer but wonder if it is the massive clutch motor or the machine? A Jack dealer is close to me but and Adler dealer is also within a days drive.
By BigRig
@Adam, I am trying to find that Adler type machine brand thread you recommended. I am needing another machine and want to try that brand.
By Adam12
A collier equipment is a reputable dealer of Mauser Spezial machines, they can even dial it in for your needs before shipping. I bet there is some one closer, i'd expect any phaff/adler dealer could order them but having one in stock is probably a crap shoot
By Yokohama32
I completely agree with you! Given the diverse industrial work I handle, I'm aiming to streamline my equipment to machines for better efficiency. This way, I can avoid the hassle of operating machines from three different brands and ensure compatibility with interchangeable feet and attachments. While my Adler outperforms the Juki and Singer, I'm curious if it's due to the massive clutch motor or the machine itself. There's a Jack dealer nearby, and I also have the option of an Adler dealer within a day's drive. Here also visit this gaming site https://modlonely.com/mini-militia-mod- ... -download/

I have mixed the bobbin colors a lot and it doesn'[…]

Single Faced Basting Tape

Thanks Ron. I was watching a video from Cechaflo […]

Do you have a picture of the corner? Trying to und[…]

The Padded Cell

nice job! :grin: