By hapyrdr
I've been wanting to ask about hot glue guns as I never see any mention of them being used Does the glue not hold that well or what ??
By LeatherJohnny
I'm also curious. I have seen an upholsterer named MECA in YouTube using a hot glue gun to adhere a plastic trim in a Ferrari dashboard upholstered in original Ferrari leather, in minute 51.40 of this video:

But I have not seen any other situation in which someone used a hot glue gun :slight_smile:
By John
I have one. I use it randomly. Problem is the glue usually dries too fast so its only good for gluing small sections.
LeatherJohnny liked this
By LeatherJohnny
This is the problem that I foresaw... when I saw what the YouTube user did, I thought that some of tbe glue would be almost dry when he finished installing the trim piece. @John how would have you installed the piece? Maybe with cyanocrilate and lots of care in order to avoid staining the Ferrari leather? :open_mouth:
By John
I would have tried to install them however it came from the factory. I don't speak Spanish though so I don't know what he was saying at the beginning about those parts...
By LeatherJohnny
Thank you very much, John, and he said that he was reupholstering this dashboard because the Ferrari owner took it to another professional to replace it, and when he did the job, the machine was not properly set up and the seam did not look ok and the owner was constantly staring at it because it was just in front of his eyes. In my opinion, the other trimmer did a very good job but the problem was the seams... I wish I could do it he did!!! :wink: :wink: :wink:

He showed that the other trimmer glued the plastic trim with a type of super glue, and it spilled out, so the leather was stained. I guess that the plastic tabs of the trim where damaged, so they had to glue it in place?
National Fabric co.

Thanks, I appreciate the information.

Alignment problems

The car in back is a '40 Ford Coupe. The seat is […]

Chevy colorado seat reapir

You could just hand sew it closed, the main thing […]

Forum Rules

@John , Can we Post job listings in this forum[…]