By fibersport
I'm ordering a new interior kit for my boat. I'm not making it for many reasons, one being I have nothing to pattern it off of, two - I just don't have the experience and three - the original ladies who made the kits for the OEM in the 80's are still around and still making them. Anyway, I have three samples that I plan on picking from and am wondering if anyone has any experience with them, either sewing or actually using. With the color being white, they are all going to be difficult to keep clean but in the end, that's what I want for my boat. The three are: Morbern Alante, Endurasoft Armada and one called I believe Classic. They are all a faux leather, very soft and supple and very white! I'm just wondering how they will hold up in the long run. The boat will be a trailer queen and get limited use so weathering should not be an issue. Any comments out there?
By sandmanred
I've been slowly redoing my boat interior piece by piece. I started with the bench seat in the back, that was 3 years ago. Most recently I did the captains seat in the seat area. I've been using Endurasoft Armada Nautilus (Nautilus is a soft white color). We live in the frozen north so it is in storage from October to May and the summer it's moored nearby covered with a fitted weather cover when not in use. It gets very hot under the cover as there is no shade. So far both re-done sections are holding up nicely. The captains seat get the most abuse because there is a seam right where I tend put my knee. I used a reinforced french seam there instead of a simple butt seam on the original cover. So, I can't comment on the others but the Endurasoft Armada seems to be a good choice for me.

Here's the seat area of the captains seat, the original cover split at the seam that goes from side to side, this is holding up well so far.

By BigRig
@fibersport , I just finished marine projects using the Endura and other brands. I would order the Endura again and in large quantity. I liked it a lot.
Rhonda liked this
National Fabric co.

Thanks, I appreciate the information.

Alignment problems

The car in back is a '40 Ford Coupe. The seat is […]

Chevy colorado seat reapir

You could just hand sew it closed, the main thing […]

Forum Rules

@John , Can we Post job listings in this forum[…]