Post pictures of your finished work and current projects.
By sandmanred
Just wrapped this one up for myself.

There is 1/4 inch sew foam bonded to the seat foam under the vinyl. The middle panel also has 1/4 sewfoam bonded to the vinyl. The rest of the vinyl does not have foam. I like that the single layer of vinyl is easier to wrap the sharp corners but I also like the way a layer of foam plumps up the top stitching. The top stitching on this one looks kind of flat compared to pieces where all the vinyl has a layer of sew foam.

What are your preferences for where to use sew foam?

Is there another way to deal with the bulk of the foam on the edges that you need to wrap?

Larry in OK liked this
By WILD BILL
That came out really nice.

I have only done a couple but on those I have only used foam where I had a pleat or diamond stitch. For wrapping I trimmed the foam in the seam allowance and it's given me a pretty good look.

What are you using to mark the top of the vinyl. I have yet to find anything that marks like that and will come off cleanly.
By sandmanred
Thanks!

The top stitch is T270.

The layout marker is a Clover white marking pen. It wipes off with a damp cloth or melts in with some heat. I can't remember where (maybe JoAnn?) I got my first one but you can also found them here

By BigRig
@Rhonda , that would be a template and @sandmanred , what machine ran that 270 through for you? You did a really great design and great work.
By sandmanred
For the individual pieces I tape the foam where I expect seams and then use a sharpy to draw all the seam lines on the foam. I add more tape if I don't like the way a line looks and redraw. From there I make patterns for the pieces by fitting paper to the lines on the foam. The quilted area you can see in the very first picture in the post I made a cardboard template that I trace the hexagon pattern by spacing out tracings on a center line.
I didn't get a picture of this seat in the early stage but here's a picture or two of another one at this phase
Last edited by sandmanred on Wed Sep 13, 2023 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By sandmanred
And to the question about the 270 thread I used a Consew 255RB3. It gets a little fussy with the large thread. It doesn't always reverse without a snag so I just use another method to backstitch. And the top thread doesn't always stay in the tension discs, it wants to creep out. But if I go slow and watch those things it gets the job done.
Newbie Pattern Question

If you use one of those large straight edges they […]

Boat project

Looks great!

When it comes to fine furniture store waterloo ,[…]

A knee lift is also REALLY nice :grin: