Post pictures of your finished work and current projects.
By Cody
No this is a marine vinyl. Thanks for the compliments!
Susy liked this
By kl4bidn
That is some nice clean work! Post more.
By Pays0n-UK
Nice and clean looking! I like the close up photos. Is it TKT 20 (M20?) thread? Do you go for bonded nylon or polyester type thread? Last question, I promise! ;) Do you sew to lines and then trim the applied graphics as opposed to trying to sew tight close to the edges?
Looks good!
By Cody
@Pays0n-UK ask all the questions you want. I’ll answer to the best of my abilities.

The orange contrast thread here is serafil size 210 polyester thread. This is my first time using it. It’s a very soft to the touch thread compared to some others I’ve used. Polyester is good for outdoor use. I have used bonded nylon before also.

For this application I decided to sew the 2 different colors together with the orange flame stitch. Then like you said cut along after with just my shears. It worked well. I’ve also done it like you saw cut out the pattern then sew. This way just fit this application better. I didn’t sew the outer edge till I sewed the sides onto it. If that makes sense. Once I cut it out I carefully went very close to the edge of the black material with a black thread. This was because the vinyl had a white backing vs black, and I felt you could see it to easily. This I did very slowly and turn the wheel of the machine by hand for most of it. Was it the best idea? Only time will tell.

I’m currently working on one for this guys wife. Different pattern. I’ll show more when it’s done. It’s nit my cup of tea, but it’s not my seat so I just do what they want. I’ll post a frustrating blunder up with it also.
By Pays0n-UK
Hey Cody,
Thanks for responding. I didn’t see that second row of black stitches you described till I zoomed in looking for it! Leather is so much more forgiving with these kind of graphics. Especially the raw edges as you described.
I think I will start another thread to talk about thread. 8’O
By Susy
Just looked this up again to show my husband. Thanks for posting it for us to see. It makes me want to think different....do something cool
John liked this
By Cody
@Susy i wish I could take the credit for inspiration, but I can’t say I was the first person to do this style of seat. But I don’t feel it hurts to draw ideas and inspiration from others. Check out the seats from custom stitching co. They inspire me often. Also Mikey’s seats. Great motorcycle seat producers with great ideas
Susy, John liked this

With a vision to empower and inspire our customers[…]

First Project - Cube Stool

Sleek contemporary furniture combined with a neutr[…]

I agree it's usually not a problem but on occasion[…]

Single Faced Basting Tape

Thanks Ron. I was watching a video from Cechaflo […]