By Jojeba
I have a tufted bench, and one of the buttons has lost its top. The top half of the metal button has come off, and the fabric covering with it. The bottom half is still securely attached to the bench. How do I easily resecure the fabric and button? Thank you so much!
By BigRig
@Jojeba ,

The buttons have to be assembled with the fabric in the first place and they require that the button be free to handle. I really think you may be best to post a picture and maybe somebody will be able to helpout with a trick.
By Wduffy
Hi- buttons are made by pressing fabric and a two part button together in a special press. If you have a piece of fabric any good Uphostery shop can press a new one. They will usually have the metal parts in stock. The button is usually held in place by string secured to the back.
By John
You will have to install an entire new button. Its pretty easy. Just have to cut the string securing the button on the bottom of the frame. Then use a tufting needle to run new string with the new button. Pull the string tight and staple it or tie it off.

Tufting Needle: https://amzn.to/2U8PhXO
Newbie Pattern Question

If you use one of those large straight edges they […]

Boat project

Looks great!

When it comes to fine furniture store waterloo ,[…]

A knee lift is also REALLY nice :grin: