Anything about sewing machines and the tools we use.
Hi everyone!
I wanted you all to know that I have been working really hard to get some specials deals on equipment for you guys.
I haven't publicly announced this yet but I'm excited to let you all know that NC carpet has made The Lucky Needle a distributor for their sewing machines. I have spent the last few weeks testing and reviewing their NC6 machine. Its really nice :thumbsup: NC has given me exclusive pricing and I want to pass that savings on to you if you are in the market for a new sewing machine.

I will be selling these machines on the Lucky needle website but its going to take some time to get that all set up.

If any of you are interested in purchasing a machine I am able to sell them to you right now. Please reach out to me for pricing. I should be able to save you 5-10% off the list price.

The machines I recommend are: NC6, NC1508NH and the NC1 for non professionals.

We also have access to the long arms, double needle and leather skivers.

Let me know if you are interested.
The Doctor, Adam12, Revv Up liked this
I just bought a Consew 2206 RB on Monday. It was a birthday present to myself. An expensive but much needed walking machine. I paid probably too much for it, but I bought it local and the dealer is going to set it up, tune it, and make sure I'll be ready to sew with it right away. Plus they are great to deal with and have my back in case of any issues. I'm not even considered a beginner in my mind, but I'm hell bent on a career change after being a master auto tech for the last 37 years and shop owner for over 21 of those years. I've come to hate my job lately, which sucks, but my body is wrecked and I'm finally feeling it. I have finally found something else that I can enjoy. I aim to semi-close my shop in about 6-8 months and only do jobs that I want to do in case my upholstery work takes longer to perfect. I'm taking your all in one coarse and I've done a few minor jobs for my clients. A couple of headliners and 2 pairs of sun visors. I've done custom door panels on my '67 Chevy C10 and repholstered the bench seat with an exact fit aftermarket cover. I'm working on a price to redo a client's 1962 Ford Fairlane 500 entire interior minus the carpet and head liner. He'll do the job, but I need to price it correctly.
Anywho, thanks for teaching me this craft! It was you and Cecaflo that got me to change my career. How's that for responsibility? Haha! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
John, MalcolmM, CnC liked this
I watched John's video and was surprised! It's Seiko made in Japan at least for the machine which looks like Consew 206RB
So, Seiko used to make Consew machines (and their own identical ones) but then Consew moved production to China.

NC is just a brand. I would buy this machine without hesitation over 206RB.
John liked this
@B + M Mal from NC told me that the 1508 is made in Japan but I didn’t get the factory. I will ask him today and get back to you. My suspicion is that it’s made at the same factory as Juki but they aren’t supposed to tell that to the public.
I’ll let you know what I find out.

I third @IvanD the nc6 is better than the consew.
How are you liking the Consew 2206RB-14? Any user reviews coming?

The Doctor wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:22 am I just bought a Consew 2206 RB on Monday. It was a birthday present to myself. An expensive but much needed walking machine. I paid probably too much for it, but I bought it local and the dealer is going to set it up, tune it, and make sure I'll be ready to sew with it right away. Plus they are great to deal with and have my back in case of any issues. I'm not even considered a beginner in my mind, but I'm hell bent on a career change after being a master auto tech for the last 37 years and shop owner for over 21 of those years. I've come to hate my job lately, which sucks, but my body is wrecked and I'm finally feeling it. I have finally found something else that I can enjoy. I aim to semi-close my shop in about 6-8 months and only do jobs that I want to do in case my upholstery work takes longer to perfect. I'm taking your all in one coarse and I've done a few minor jobs for my clients. A couple of headliners and 2 pairs of sun visors. I've done custom door panels on my '67 Chevy C10 and repholstered the bench seat with an exact fit aftermarket cover. I'm working on a price to redo a client's 1962 Ford Fairlane 500 entire interior minus the carpet and head liner. He'll do the job, but I need to price it correctly.
Anywho, thanks for teaching me this craft! It was you and Cecaflo that got me to change my career. How's that for responsibility? Haha! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Single Faced Basting Tape

Drop the single face and just enter basting tape. […]

I have a Pfaff 545 and 1245 which use the same bob[…]

Do you have a picture of the corner? Trying to und[…]

The Padded Cell

nice job! :grin: