Post pictures of your finished work and current projects.
By Mikesimpson
I thought I would share my latest project using leather with everyone. After redoing my personal truck interior last winter I decided I wanted to upgrade the seat to leather but didn’t want to have to redo the entire interior so it would all match. I got samples from several different suppliers and finally found one that was close in color and texture from leatherhidestore.com. They weren’t really my first choice, but they had a hide that would work for $300. The other that was close in color was from Moore & Giles but they were $600 per hide. So I thought I’d give the cheaper one a try being that it’s for my person truck, If it ends up not being a great product at least I’ll be the one testing it. So far it seems like nice stuff tho. Most of the hide was usable with no weird spots. Definitely takes a little more planning where you will cut from compared to just using vinyl off a roll. But overall I’m happy with it. Normally when I put a vinyl cover on the seat I steam the back and front side to soften it up and then steam it again after it’s on to make it all look nice. But with the leather I never even had to hit it with steam or a heat gun, just handles much nicer and is very nice to the touch. I’m really starting to prefer leather.
Sully, MalcolmM, LLeeT and 2 others liked this
By John
That came out beautiful! Love the color and the pockets on the back! Nice work.
Keep us updated on how the leather holds up over time.
National Fabric co.

Thanks, I appreciate the information.

Alignment problems

The car in back is a '40 Ford Coupe. The seat is […]

Chevy colorado seat reapir

You could just hand sew it closed, the main thing […]

Forum Rules

@John , Can we Post job listings in this forum[…]