General discussions about our craft and industry.
By Ddedman
I have a customer that wants his Vette seats refreshed. I will be redoing the seat inserts with new material per his request. He doesn't want to replace his bolster area leather however. I'm playing with the idea of refreshing those areas with either paint or dye. I have had good results with some personal projects painting a vinyl seat and re dying my leather seat however would like to try something a little more professional. Any suggestions from the pros here on products and application process. Would like to use either a touch up spray gun or airbrush. Are SEM products best to use? Any opinion welcome.

Dave
By bobbrook57
SEM products when applied correctly work great, I use a 5 step to complete the project, use the website to find your particular needs, followed precisely it will hold up for years
Ddedman liked this
By John
I second SEM fabric paints as well. They work very well. Honestly sounds like more work than just replacing everything. Is there a reason he wants to keep the bolsters and only replace the insert?
By JimmieJoe
SEM has a few product line and if you follow their tech sheets you should get a good result. But if you are trying to color match to a sun faded interior you will need the product line that allows you to make your own color instead of the premixed colors.
Ddedman liked this
Single Faced Basting Tape

Drop the single face and just enter basting tape. […]

I have a Pfaff 545 and 1245 which use the same bob[…]

Do you have a picture of the corner? Trying to und[…]

The Padded Cell

nice job! :grin: