General discussions about our craft and industry.
By Roz Curry
I've been sewing for 50 years, but I'm new at auto upholstery. I've made anything from burp pads to a wedding dress. Right now I'm
learning how to make shoes for dolls. My husband is doing a ground up build of a 1923 Model T and really wants me to sew the upholstery for him. I must admit that the idea intimidates me :fearful: . I have a Brother sewing/embroidery machine with a walking foot that has the ability to sew thick fabrics. I have a serger as well. Any assistance you could offer would be greatly appreciated!
By BigRig
My mom was a lifelong seamstress and the doll clothes she made were impressive. I would love your serger for some fabric work I do for seniors however it will not be needed in the auto trimming. I think you could get by sewing a couple of 30 oz pieces of vinyl together with that machine but getting into a project like that car takes a lot of strength and power from your machine to move that fabric. It will be good to practice on but going to cause a lot of grief to you about twenty minutes into sewing panels together. I really appreciate your enthusiasm but have to be honest with you and make sure you do not jump in head first spending a load of $ on material etc...

With a vision to empower and inspire our customers[…]

First Project - Cube Stool

Sleek contemporary furniture combined with a neutr[…]

I agree it's usually not a problem but on occasion[…]

Single Faced Basting Tape

Thanks Ron. I was watching a video from Cechaflo […]